Intruder

Because I couldn't just decide on one picture

Because I couldn't just decide on one picture. Enjoy!

Ashton

"Why don't you sit down." The voice commanded more than asked and I pulled Marcia with me. If my memory wasn't tricking me this was an ally of ours. That was if he hadn't switched sides. Still I took precautions.

"Alfredo, what is the reason for your unexpected visit?" I asked him with a neutral expression.

"It has come to my attention that my cousin has risen in power. He is now an important head of the Albamonte family, and the loyalty both your houses have, has made the other houses a bit uncomfortable. It is my understanding that all six houses were started with illegal funds. But now both houses have turned legal on all of us, and thus it gave you an advantage in the market."

I stared at him with calculating eyes and sighted. "What is it that you want?" I asked with a raised brow and a creepy grin took over his face.

"I want to establish a good future for my house and since I will be taking over in a few months, I think an alliance will be good for us." The way he said us made me feel uneasy.

Out of all the houses, the Odalis house was the most dangerous. They were the reason of the high crime rates in the country and they were proud of it too. It would make me a fool if I agreed but it will also bring great benefits. Some of his members were high profile workers for customs, making his illegal trades possible. It would bring good opportunities for us if we could use his ports and have an assurance that our products wouldn't be stolen and sold to the black market.

I rubbed my face and Marcia sat up. "Who do you have in mind?" She asked timidly and I glanced at Alfredo, watching as his grin grew wider.

"Isn't it obvious? She has influence over both houses, she is well trained and knows how to run the business. I need her, and if she declines I'll have to improvise." He responded with a knowing smirk.

"You're giving her a choice?" Marcia asked giving me a sideways glance.

"Yes, against popular belief I know how to be civil." He responded and Marcia quickly placed her hand on my leg.

"You have our permission, only if she agrees. And if she does, you will have our loyalty." I told him and he nodded.

"That's all I wanted to hear." He told us and quickly made his way out the front door.

***********************

We hadn't heard much from Alfredo a week after his visit but we knew exactly who he was referring to. I was serving breakfast to the kids and Marcia, when I heard the front door slam open.

"Where is he?!" I heard Michelle yell and I faintly heard Lena reply.

I sighted and Marcia quickly took over, a worried expression on her face. "Go talk to her before she looses it in front of the kids." I nodded and walked to the living room.