Chapter 13

Oliver started feeling nervous as they got closer to the kitchen. One thing he hates the most is being judged. He knows that people will now have an opinion about him when they find out that he's the Master's soulmate.

The staff were already taking long glances at him as he walked next to the Vampire. Nobody ever did that. Vinny Vanderwood would never allow it but surprisingly to them, he didn't look phased.

Vinny frowned, he could almost feel Oliver's nerves. It was clear by his body language that he was nervous but it made him feel strange. He looked down to see he was fidgeting and glancing everywhere.

"Are you okay?" 

"Yeah," Oliver breathed but this made the Master stop walking.

"I don't think you are."

Oliver stopped too. Now, people were definitely staring at them. Vinny was holding a conversation with a human and not tearing him to pieces with his cold glare.

"I'm just anxious. I don't know what people will think," He felt a little stupid but it was a really big thing to happen to him.

Vinny looked back at his parents who hadn't noticed they stopped. He then stepped a little closer, making his skin tingle.

"You don't need to worry."

"It's just- this is so crazy. I haven't even let it sink in yet," Oliver looked down to the vampire's shoes. They probably cost more than what he earns in six months. He watched his feet step even closer.

"If you're not ready, we don't have to tell anyone." He was worried that Oliver was going to feel a little too overwhelmed and not cope with it very well.

"I don't mind that, I'm just worried that things will change too fast."

Vinny had a moment to think. He had an overpowering feeling in his heart to do whatever it takes to make Oliver happy. He knew he should not be going back to work. He was surprised that his dad was even allowing it to happen. But with it snowing so hard, there really is a decrease of workers at the restaurant.

"Eventually, we'll have to get this out and in the open but if you're struggling to deal with the changes, you can ask anyone to find me and I'll come straight away," Vinny said and watched Oliver with his intense eyes.

His words did make his soulmate relax a little bit. It was still incredibly strange that he was talking to the master because he's now his soulmate.

"Okay."

It was nice to see the vampire being kind to someone.

Feeling happier, they both set off down the corridor. Vinny's parents had stopped and watched them, they couldn't wait to tell people about it.

When they all entered the kitchen, It was filled with staff who were rushing around, cleaning the big hall and rearranging everything back to normal. When they saw who had entered the kitchen, the chaos very quickly died down until the word spread and the kitchen grew full and quiet.

Glances were shared in Oliver's direction but they were mainly watching the Alpha. Oliver stood nervously next to Vinny. His palms were sweating and his heart was beating very fast.

"Okay, is everyone here?" Duke asked as he looked around.

"Yes Alpha," Desmond said confidently, making a few people roll their eyes.

"Good," He looked at Oliver and gave him a reassuring smile. This helped him feel a lot calmer but people noticed and were incredibly suspicious now. But even though this news is big for him, he's glad to know that he has the support of the Vanderwood family behind him. It was strange to think like that, but now, it was true.