Chapter 58

Apparently you didn't hound me enough because I took ages to upload this chapter, and I feel really bad, sorry! 

I know a lot of you are still confused about what Quotev is. Basically, It's a writing website that does quizzes and stuff too. So, if you don't want to go there to read the rest of this story (the grammar is still terrible), would you prefer if I uploaded the rest of them onto here unedited, in all their awful grammar glory? Or do you not mind waiting while I give you a 'decently' written chapter?

- Sian

"Dad, I don't need to put ice on it, I'm fine," Oliver said when John sat next to him with a frown of concern.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, ice won't fix it, it'll just put me in more pain." Oliver cringed at the thought of putting ice on a broken bone.

"Well, what about something warm?" John suggested. "You know what, I'll go and fill up a hot water bottle, and you can try that." He got up and left without giving his son the chance to object. When the door shut behind him, the dining room fell silent.

Vinny, Madison, and Duke were somewhere in the mansion, talking and discussing the events that happened earlier today. Vinny was absent for over an hour, but Oliver was feeling a bit drowsy and moody from the pills. He was growing frustrated that people felt like they had a right to hurt him. Just because he is human doesn't mean he's out of his depth, living in a vampire's world.

He dropped his head back against the couch and stared at the ceiling. His chest was throbbing, and it felt like he was getting stabbed with every breath.

The silence was unbearable; he hasn't been on his own in this room since Scarlet locked him outside. Shivers ran up his arms. His hairs were standing on edge as he felt entirely alone and maybe a little afraid.

Jed was standing outside the dining-room door, but Oliver didn't know that.

As he looked around the room, he told himself to stop being so ridiculous. Yes, he had been taken from this home and hurt in this home, but those terrible people are gone, and there are plenty of people like Jed, guarding the premises.

Maybe he should tell Vinny about feeling scared, but he didn't want to sound like a loser.

Oliver took a sharp breath. His mouth was dry, and it would do him some good to get out of this room and surround himself with people, but he didn't know if he had the strength to get up from the couch. It sat low, and he had sunk into the cushions.

He took short breaths and pulled himself up, failing the first time, and it hurt tremendously. Oliver gently put a hand on his chest to calm his heart before trying again.

The struggle hurt and the human knew if Vinny were here, he would make some sarcastic comment to make him feel better and probably insist that he carried him to the kitchen.

When Oliver finally made it to his feet, he headed to the door, opened it and gasped with fright at the sight of Jed. He didn't expect anyone to be right outside it.

Jed watched him with a little frown.

"Feeling a bit jumpy?" he asked.

"No, I just didn't know you'd be there," Oliver mumbled and dug his hands into his jumper pockets. He didn't want people to know that these recent events have been affecting him.

Jed gave him a sympathetic smile. Who wouldn't be a little jumpy after being kidnapped and attacked by out of control vampires?

"Where are you going?"