Chapter 12

Picture of Will ---------------->

I woke up early in the morning. I was not able to sleep very well last night. I was lying awake almost all night. Today was going to be an important day for me. I am so nervous, my hands are all sweaty. I finally gave up and went to the bathroom. No use lying awake in the bed, better get ready. I took my time to in the shower. I was trying to control my anxiety. I wrapped a towel around myself and came out.

I and my closet were having a staring competition. I have no idea what to wear. I mean, should I wear something which I would normally wear on a school day? Or should I dress up a little? I think I should dress up today. I want to look nice for Noah today. If we become official couple, I don’t want to look plain in comparison with him. But, I don’t think he cares much about what I wear. Ok, so casual it is.

I picked out a short black denim skirt. It came down to my mid-thigh, just right. I wore a baby pink color tank top and picked out my favorite pink heels. The heels were medium. I hardly had any high heels, they are uncomfortable. I applied some clear lip-gloss and was ready to go. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs for breakfast.

I couldn’t keep the smile off my face since yesterday night. I was smiling without any reason I know, but I just couldn’t stop. My parents were already at the table. I kissed them both on the cheek and plopped down on my usual seat. I started digging into my eggs happily. I looked up to see my parents staring at me with an unreadable expression. Ok weird. What’s up with them now?

I started eating again but, I could feel their eyes on me. “What?” I asked slightly annoyed. They of all people should know I don’t like this staring. It makes me uneasy.

They looked at each other and smiled. “ Nothing. Why are you smiling?” My mom asked and my dad nodded in agreement.

I frowned a little. “Why? I don’t smile or something?” I asked. I was trying really hard to keep my composure. I am already nervous and they are not helping in making me feel better.

“No honey, just like that. You are never so cheerful in the morning. It’s a good thing that you are enjoying school.” My mom said easily.

Only if she knew the real reason, she would flip out. But, I don’t think they will mind. My parents like Noah so, no problems there. Somehow, I was glad that we moved here. I was not very thrilled about it before but, I am now. I am glad I met Noah. I owe it to my dad. He insisted in moving here which worked out fine for me. I smiled as soon as I thought about Noah.

“Where is Noah? He is never late.” My dad asked. I blushed at the mention of his name. I kept looking at my plate so; my parents couldn’t see my face.

“He has something to do. He will drop me home.” I said shrugging as if no big deal. I will miss riding with him. We catch up on a lot of things during our car rides.

My dad just nodded and started reading his paper again. I was walking to school today. If I take my car, I won’t be able to ride with Noah. I won’t miss his company for anyone. I pulled out my I-pod and set it on shuffle. I was singing along softly. Music was helping me calm my nerves. I have decided what I am going to say to Noah. I have memorized the speech. I just hope that I won’t forget anything.

I reached school and walked to my locker. I am so excited I could burst. I made my way to the first class. Noah didn’t show-up in any of the classes. It was lunch now. I was feeling disappointed. Noah never skipped school. I went to my locker and take out some books. I have German next.  I should go have lunch. Everyone will be waiting for me.

 I closed my locker and turned around. I ran straight into Noah. I am sure it is him. I can smell his aftershave and him actually. He gripped my waist tightly to prevent me from falling. “Whoa, easy there.” He said.