Chapter 14

Noah’s  P.O.V

I woke up in the morning to the sound my phone ringing. Who the hell is calling me right now? I checked my caller id, off course it was Cassie. “Hello.” I mumbled sleepy. If she thinks I was asleep she won’t talk much. Cassie can talk for hours alone without doubt. It was quiet irritating.

“Hey baby, did I wake you up?” she asked.

“Yeah. Why did you call?” I asked. I had spoken to her last night. She had insisted on driving to school with me and Rebecca and I had agreed. Everything was decided then what does she want?

She giggled. I frowned here it goes. “You will pick me up in an hour then we will go to Rebecca’s. From her place we will go directly to school. Am I right so far?” she asked.

“Yes.” I said. We had been through this twice, is it so hard to remember? We have been going out for 3 days and she is already getting to me.

“Ok baby.  See you in an hour. Is it necessary to pick up Rebecca? I mean she can come on her own.” Cassie said in an irritable tone.

I groaned. What the fuck is her problem? “Cassie we have been through this. If you want you can come on your own. I will ditch Rebecca for you. Am I clear?” I said sternly.

“Whatever.” She mumbled and hung up. Rebecca is one of nicest people I know. God knows why Cassie doesn’t like her. Most of the people think Cassie is a bitch and a slut even though she is new in school. She has a bad attitude, I agree.

I got up from my bed and walked to the bathroom. I got showered quickly and threw on the first clothes I saw in my closet. I stuffed my bag and went downstairs. The house was quiet as usual and I was alone walking around like a zombie. My dad is never home, he calls twice a week that’s it. I have been living like this since I was 14 but I still hate it. I felt so lonely and depressed in my house. I usually try to stay out of the house as much as possible.

I grabbed a bowl, cereal and milk and sat on the counter. I didn’t like it here, I liked Rebecca’s house. It was so homey and comfortable. Her parents always treated me so well. I wish my parents would be like this. I don’t know what I would have done without Rebecca in my life. I don’t why but I need her. I love spending time with her. She is amazing; I wish I could be half as nice as she is.

I left my house a little early because I had to pick up Cassie. She has a car, why can’t she come on her own? Rebecca will not talk to me much in front of her. She is very shy. I pulled outside Cassie’s house and called her so, she would come downstairs. After a few minutes, she came and stepped in the car. She looked hot but not beautiful. Rebecca is beautiful. Why am I comparing them? I should stop it.

We sat in awkward silence. “I am sorry about this morning. I shouldn’t have snapped at you like that.” I said keeping my eyes on the road.

“It’s ok. I just….forget it.” She said and took hold of my hand interlacing our fingers. I just smiled at her and looked away.

I and Cassie didn’t speak the whole way to Rebecca’s house. It was an uncomfortable silence. I pulled up at Rebecca’s house and stepped out of the car relieved. I saw Cassie following closely behind. I opened the door and walked into the kitchen where I knew they all would be. I looked around but Rebecca was nowhere to be found. Am I early? I looked at my watch, I am on time. Is she still unwell?