Chapter Thirteen

It was finally Saturday, the day I was going to be dragged to god-knows-where. But I wasn't not complaining . . . After all, I was the one who told Nate it was okay for him to bring me to wherever he wanted to bring me. Be it a park, the movie theatre, the mall or even a brothel—haha, I'm joking! Of course I wouldn't be okay if he dragged me to a brothel! As if he would even dare.
Luckily for us, most students had gone home to visit their family and friends or even took a vacation since we had a week's worth of holiday as most of the teachers were busy with stuff like going to other schools to be in charge of some major examinations. Even the principal was gone! The vice principal was left in charge of the school.
But the good thing about most students being gone was that we could hang out together without being interrupted by others. I mean, since it was me and Nate, if students were to see that, the girls would have dragged Nate away and left me with a bunch of brawny males to beat me up! Hell, maybe if there was even a brawny woman, she would have beaten me up, too!
When we finally got out of school, Nate had his hand around mine as he dragged me. People were staring at us and some even shot us glares, mostly directing at me! Most of them were mistaking the situation! Nate was totally oblivious to their stares! It was as if the people around us were invisible to him or something.
"Nate, where are we going?" I asked as I tried to wriggle my hand free, feeling the heated glares from mostly women. "A-and let go off me—"
"Ha! Not gonna happen! If I do, you'll just run back to the dorm."
"Nate, I promise I won't! Just let go for now."
As I looked around, more glares were directed at me! What did I do! It wasn't as if I wanted him to drag me out here while holding hands! He was the one that wanted to drag me to god-knows-where, so don't glare at me like that!
"Fine," Nate said, finally letting go of my wrist. "Oh, we're going to the movies, by the way. I heard that there were some good horror movies that were released."
Without Nate needing to face me, I knew that he had a smirk on his face. Ever since I was little, I would be so scared whenever I was alone at home. I tried watching some television to calm myself down but a horror movie was showing and I didn't know how to change the channel.
Till this day, I was still afraid of horror movies and I get frightened easily. Nate knew about this and did this on purpose! What a jerk!
All I could do was just sigh as I followed him, pulling my hoodie over my head as I still felt cold stares at me. What do I do to get them to stop? They're so fucking annoying—
"Hey there, hottie."
My thoughts were interrupted by a girl's voice. I saw Nate being approached by yet another girl that has her face caked with make-up. Seriously, girls have been approaching him every day in school. I was already jealous enough to see him being flooded with girls and now this girl was making my day bad. This was suppose to be a good day for me! I didn't need her to ruin it!
"What are you doing here with such a lonely boy? Is he your friend?" the girl asked as she looked at me, only to receive a noticeable frown from me.
Nate looked back at me and then back at the girl. "Oh, yeah, he's my friend."
"Why don't you hang out with me instead?"
"I'm sorry?"
All I could do was listen to their conversation as I got more annoyed every time the girl opens her mouth. Can't she just shut up and get lost? She's so annoying! I thought. I really wanted to slap her face and shove her aside, but I knew that I would probably get beaten up by a bunch of dudes.
"Oh, come on! Let's go get a drink! Maybe we can get to know each other better," the girl said flirtatiously.
"Uh, sorry, I'm busy at the moment—" Nate said, trying to reject her invitation on a date.
"With this boring and plain guy? You're better off hanging out with me!"
I couldn't stand it anymore! This girl was way too much to bare with!
I gritted by teeth before stepping in front of Nate with a fake smile. "I know you're trying to hit on him but he has a girlfriend already, so do you mind fucking off please?"
I was hurt when I said that. I knew that I needed to back him up so I had to do what I had to do. I really liked Nate as a friend, a person and a crush, so I will not tolerate any girl who tries to flirt with him.
The girl looked at me and sighed disappointedly. "Whatever, loser."
Without saying another word, she disappeared quickly.
I sighed in relief when the girl left. And Nate was smiling at me.
"Thanks. I really wanted to get away from her," Nate said.
"No problem," I said, returning his warm smile before laughing softly. "It's your fault because of your good looks."
"Well, being good-looking has its cons."

Okay . . . So, the movie was scary as I predicted and I couldn't help but always hug Nate's arm whenever a creepy music starts playing in the background. I could feel disgusted stares from our neighbors who sat beside us and ate the snacks they bought while trying to enjoy the movie.
Nate would chuckle at how scared I was and just whisper some soothing things in my ear, telling me it would be okay. He even teased me after I buried my face in his shoulder when there was a really scary scene. All I was glad about was that we were not watching the movie in 3D!
Right now, we were seating on a bench in a nearby park. It was nighttime and the park was empty. There wasn't a single person except for me and Nate, making it such a peaceful night for us.
I was busy admiring the stars until Nate called out my name, wanting my attention. When I looked at him, it was clear that he was blushing a bright red as there was a lamppost beside the bench that we were seating on. The light of the lamppost shone on his blushing face.
"What is it, Nate? Gotta go to the clinic?" I joked. "Sadly, all the clinics are—"
"Jone, listen to me."
I stopped joking and realized that Nate was being serious. So, I decided to put on a small smile and lend a listening ear. "All right, I'll listen."
He sighed and continued, still bright red. "Jone, would you believe me if I told you that I like you?"
My eyes widened as I began to blush. "U-um . . . like as a friend . . . ?"
"Dumb-ass, I know you know what I mean," Nate said as his face got redder, only for me to look away with a darker blush.
"I've liked you for a while now actually," Nate said, looking up at the stars. "Ever since I moved out and couldn't see you anymore, I tried forgetting that I saw you as a crush. And by doing so, when I came into this school and heard rumors about you being gay, I started thinking that maybe I could forget you as a crush if I started bullying you without even knowing that you are my crush and childhood friend."
I kept quiet as he continued after taking a breath. "Of course, it didn't work. After finding out that you were you, I immediately regretted everything I've done that embarrassed you and hurt you." He sighed. "Remember when we made up in the dorm? I told you that I had a certain reason for bullying you. And well . . . now you know why."
I opened my mouth to say something but closed it as nothing came out.
Nate looked at me, biting his bottom lip, eyes showing sadness. "If you don't like me back, I-I understand."
I stared at Nate as he looked down, cursing silently.
Of course I like you, dumb-ass . . .
I smiled. "Nate."
He looked up to face me, but I immediately placed my lips on his, closing my eyes with a smile as I wrapped my arms around his neck.
Nate was shocked but wrapped his arms around my waist as he kissed me back.
We kissed for a few more seconds before pulling away and I smiled at him. "I like you too."
I couldn't describe how happy he was. His eyes were even lit up as he blushed, pulling me into another kiss. But this time, he was a little bit aggressive. He licked my lips, asking for entrance which I refused. I pulled away with a blush and looked away. "Don't go too fast, you pervert . . . Let's take things slow for now . . ."
I could feel Nate smiling without having to face his handsome face.
With a chuckle, he said, "I got it. I love you, Jone."
I blushed and turned back to face him with a smile. "I love you too, Nate."