Chapter 11

"You are, by far, the absolute WORST potions partner ever to be assigned!" Hermione whispered-yelled.

Slughorn assigned Pansy and Hermione as partners to the "pick your own potion" project. She suggested it would be interesting to pick a potion randomly, research it, and make a sample.

She suggested it to the professor because, being one of few students who was always thriving for information and knowledge, thought potions was getting a little dull. Even Hermione Granger, HERSELF, fell asleep in class!

Slughorn took it into thought and agreed that it would be quite interesting. So today in class they were assigned partners, which, grant her luck, she was paired with Parkinson. The professor put the potions names on slips of parchment and set it in a goblet for the students to take blindly. Parkinson insisted that she picked the potion, and Hermione let her.

They were achieved with the Alihotsy Draught. Slughorn gave some students permission to visit the library for information. Which led Hermione and Parkinson into this argument.

"I could say the same to you!" Parkinson retorted.

"And how would that be?" Hermione asked rather loudly.

She was harshly shushed by Madam Pince. Hermione quietly apologized and walked away with Parkinson behind her.

"You don't listen to any of my ideas," Parkinson replied.

"Because they're all stupid," Hermione said.

"How would you know? You don't even give me two seconds to inhale before you shoot it down."

"I do not!"

"Do too!"

"Do not!"

"Do too!"

"We're fighting like five year olds!" Hermione said.

"You're acting like one," Parkinson replied.

---

She was really pissed. Very, very, very pissed. And by the looks of it, Granger was too.

Pansy and Granger were staring daggers at each other, daring one another to say something. Granger sighed and turned to inspect the book shelves.

Parkinson turned into the one adjacent to the shelf that Granger walked to.

She mumbled the names of books she walked past until she found the right one.

"Alihotsy Draught," she said to her self, smiling with accomplishment.

She reached forward to grab it, and tugged, only to be tugged back into its place. The books next to it shifted and she could see Granger's brown eyes and the freckly bridge of her nose.

"I found this," Granger stated.

"So did I," Pansy responded.

"Back. Off. Parkinson," Granger seethed between clenched teeth.

"No," Pansy glared.

Granger tugged on it, but the book didn't budge out of Pansy's vice grip on the spine. She tugged it back, and it barely left Granger's grip.

"Give it! I found it first!" Granger sassed.

"No. You. Didn't," Pansy said with each tug of the book.

Soon it became a tug-of-war between them. Back and forth, moving so harshly that Pansy was sure the old ancient binding couldn't handle the intense and increasing pressure. She guessed right, for when they both tugged at the same time, it ripped.