Brakes

"I think I have a date, Light..." Tetsuji said rather confusingly. There was no gloating or a sense of pride in his voice. It was empty.

Light knew, obviously. He knew Tetsuji agreed to go out with Makoto after school. He wasn't upset at Tetsuji, he couldn't bring himself to hate the love of his life. Tetsuji is just too sweet to reject anyone. "Oh, and with who?" he asks, pretending not to know.

"I really don't want to go." Tetsuji replies, quiet. "It's with that Makoto from our class. I'm surprised she even talked to me.... She asked, though, so I don't want to be mean..." he embarrassingly looked down at his lap, letting his black hair cover his face. "I rather... no, never mind." he stopped.

As Tetsuji spoke, Light looked out the window. Like a sick twist of fate, Makoto was there in plain view. She leaned towards a car, presumably hers. A dark thought clouded Light's mind. He continued to watch her open the car and retrieve a notebook from there. A quiet laugh escaped him. 

"Huh?" Tetsuji looked up, questioning Light's odd behavior. "Something up?"

"Nah," Light replied. "Just thought of something funny." That wasn't entirely a lie. Thinking about getting rid of Makoto made him laugh eagerly. He reached into his bag and smiled, passing a book to Tetsuji. "Have you read this before? It's my favorite."

Tetsuji smiled back, oblivious to Light's scheming. "No, what's it about?"

"Well..." Light began, smiling at Tetsuji.

School dragged on for the rest of the day. Light was bored as usual and sat in class thinking about ways to make Tetsuji forever his. He had to rid of the annoying girl first before he could scheme. As he walked to Tetsuji in front of the school, the girl ran up to him smiling.

Light turned back, thinking this would be the perfect opportunity. He made sure his job would be done quick. Tetsuji was already distracting Makoto by having a conversation with her in front of people. Hiding a pair of scissors in his pocket, Light hurried to where he saw Makoto's car. Sure, it's visible from a window inside the school, but there's no cameras and Light hid his face well with a jacket he carried. He's seen this in movies and TV shows. It's rather easy to do. Light managed to cut the brakes to Makoto's car, and he walked away just like that.

"I'll see you tonight!" Makoto waved goodbye, winking at Tetsuji. Light swallowed the upcoming vomit in his throat, disgusted as the girl's stupid behavior. There's no point in getting worked up now, anyway. She'll die soon.

"I don't like her..." Tetsuji frowns, turning to Light. "I don't want to go. I feel weird when talking to her. It's like she's doing this to spite me..." he admitted, sighing. "I'm used to other people hating me and tossing me aside. Having people like me feels strange. I'm not a fan of it." Tetsuji stares at the ground, his hair covering his face. "It only feels right when I'm with you, Light."

Light was about to reply with a huge smile plastered on his face until he was interrupted by a crash and several screams.

"What was that...?" Tetsuji asks, concerned. He runs to where the source of the crash was. Light has no choice but to follow him, chuckling to himself.

"W-What the hell?!" Tetsuji's eyes widen as he stumbles upon a dreadful scene. A car crashed into a huge truck, causing whoever was in it to get squeezed between their own car, glass shards and blood made their face horribly ruined.

"Tetsuji!" Light saw how the boy looked so dazed. He covered Tetsuji's eyes and forced him to look away. The sight was gruesome- beautiful to Light- and more people ran to it. "Let's go." he said to Tetsuji.

Tetsuji turned away from Light and began coughing violently, trying to stop himself from hurling. "Was that who I think it was...?" he asked, breathing slowly.

"Back off!" A teacher shouted, causing Tetsuji to jump. The adult motioned towards the crowd that gathered in front of the scene. Light used that commotion to his advantage and forced Tetsuji to walk away.

A sick feeling bubbled in Tetsuji's stomach, causing him to walk groggy. The image won't leave his head. He felt dizzy, but Light held onto him tightly. Tetsuji blinked a few times, finally snapping back into reality. "Light..." he mutters, stopping in his tracks. "What just happened?"

"There was an accident," Light replies, taking this time to study Tetsuji's face. His glasses were fogged up and wet with tears. "I think it was Makoto who crashed. But don't worry, everything will be alright." Light takes off Tetsuji's glasses, cleaning them for him. He placed it back on. Tetsuji smiled weakly.

Hopefully, it won't be alright. Light didn't expect the bitch to crash into a truck, but it worked out perfectly. He hugged Tetsuji and kissed his forehead.

Tetsuji breaks away from Light, frowning. "I don't know why I feel bad. I never liked her..." he says. "I'm just not good with those kinda things. Blood and all," he takes a deep breath, shaking his head to rid of that horrible image. "I hope she's alright."

"Me too." Light lies. "Can I walk you home, Tetsuji? I don't want you to space out again."

Tetsuji smiles. He gets closer to Light and nods. "You're really sweet to me, Light." he says.

Light doesn't respond, but he smiles back and holds Tetsuji's hand. It's almost time to claim his prize.