6. Only For The Pen

ELLIOT

ELLIOT

The next day when I knocked on the door to Mrs. Wilson's office, I found her sitting behind her desk, skimming through sheets in her hands while twirling a pen between her fingers.

The dark hair she possessed was still in a bun while her glasses were shoved up, resting on her head. She looked up from her sheets and her gaze met mine, leading a smile to pass her face.

"Elliot, come sit down," she said, politely.

I sat down in the chair across from her while she put the sheets aside and turned her attention fully on me.

"How's it going? Do you like it here so far?" She asked, expecting a yes from the big smile I offered in reply.

"Yes. It's amazing here. I really like it," I admitted, truthfully.

"I'm glad to hear that. And what about tutoring Rachel?" She questioned.

As much I didn't want to let her hope drown, it died when my big smile faded.

"Yeah, about that. She showed up yesterday, but only stayed for 5 minutes," I informed.

"She really doesn't seem to have any motivation at all," I added.

Mrs.Wilson sighed before opening a drawer and bringing out a sheet. She gave it to me and I furrowed my brows.

"What's this?" I asked, flustered.

"This is Rachel's report card from before 1st September of 2017," she replied.

I look down at the sheet and gaze at nothing but A's in all the subjects.

"A-are you sure this is," I begun, my voice the slightest of shaky.

"Yes, these are Rachel's grades. At least they were," she said, softly.

"Listen, Elliot. Rachel is a smart girl, but she has lost all of her motivation. Just try to somehow to convince her and lift her motivation a little. Find fun ways to teach her so her motivation returns."

I sighed, throwing one more look down at her grades. "Okay, I'll give it a try."

Even though she just like everyone else here threw some money and got a spot here, I had a feeling she must've worked really hard for these grades.

A part of me really wanted to give her these grades back.

"But even though how hard I try, I'll keep failing if she doesn't even want to talk to me?" I asked.