Epilogue

RACHEL

RACHEL

~ 9 months later ~

"Can you please calm down?" I asked, trying to hide the hint of amusement in my voice.

Elliot and I were currently in the hospital, because Lucy was in labor and Elliot was literally freaking out. Pacing back and forth through the corridor outside the delivery room, he wore a panicked, yet extremely worried expression.

Sighing, I stepped in his way and firmly gripped his shoulder, looking straight into his eyes. "Calm. Down."

"But Rachel,-"

"-No buts. Just stop overthinking this. Nothing is going to happen to Lucy. Louis is with her, helping her through it. She'll be fine and so will your sister."

Eventually, Elliot sighed and rested his forehead against mine while his eyes closed. "I just want everything to be okay."

"It will be okay. I promise," I assured, lightly squeezing his hands in mine.

Elliot nodded and we stood like this for some time in the comforting silence that fell between us. I could feel him, warm and happy tingling through me.

When the door opened and a nurse stepped out, with a smile on her face, my heart tripled in speed. I was sure Elliot's did as well.

"You can come in to meet your sister," she said, politely.

While Elliot's jaw dropped, I briefly squealed of immense excitement.

"Yes! Come on, let's go." I grabbed his hand and was about to head inside when Elliot pulled me back.

"Wait"," he said, nervously biting his bottom lip. His cheeks were red because of the nervousness and the excitement within him. "Do...Do I look like a brother?"

I took a good look at him. He wore black jeans and a blue hoodie. Even after nine months, he had the same smooth jaw and eyes that wrinkled adorably when he smiled. His brown hair was a bit messy and I stepped towards him to push it out of his eyes. My hazel eyes stared into his rare brown and I smiled.

"Yes. The best brother in the history of all brothers."

Elliot put on a wobbly smile and followed me inside the room where we were both left speechlessly dumbfounded. Lucy was sitting in a bed in the center of the room with a happy Louis next to her. Dressed in a hospital gown, traces of sweat was tinted on her forehead while her lips were swollen. She was inhaling gentle breaths while her green eyes sparkled as she gazed at the little baby girl in her arms.

Tremendously speechless, Elliot seemed to have stopped breathing for a second as he was glued to the ground. Chuckling, I tightened my grip around his hand and we made our way towards his parents.

After blinking twice to break out of his trance, Elliot slowly sat down on the edge of the bed before Lucy smiled and carefully put the newborn baby in Elliot's arms.

For a small moment, Elliot stared at her in silence before a warm smile broke across his face. "Hey, little sis."

Wrapped in a pink blanket, she was purely beautiful with her eyes shut and tiny hands balled into fists. When her eyes suddenly fluttered open, Elliot's eyes widen of fascination and so did mine. They were bright green just like Lucy's, but with a hint of brown in them.

Still standing by Elliot, I reached over to give both Lucy and Louis a warm hug. "Congratulations. She's beautiful."

They both smiled and the three of us along with the nurse and doctor gazed at the brother holding his little sister while gently stroking her cheek with his thumb.

"Meet your dad. Best dad in the whole world. Meet your mom. The strongest and most beautiful woman ever. And meet Rachel. The most special person in my whole universe. My cute little idiot. When you grow a bit older, you can call her redhead snake too," he informed, smiling.

I rolled my eyes before smiling while Lucy and Louis chuckled of amusement.

"Have you thought of a name?" The nurse asked. Mom and dad glanced at each other with unsure expressions.

"Hey." Elliot reached for my hand as his softened eyes met mine. "What was your mom's name?"

Surprised, I smiled and when I told him mom's name, Elliot and the rest smiled brightly. He looked down at
his baby sister, her eyes sparkling.

"Hi, Violet."

********

The final end!

I'm so sad!

What do you guys think about this book? Share your thoughts:)

Remember to
Vote⭐️
Comment ❤️
Share with friends 🌹
Follow me ☺️