Chapter 40

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Oliver~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was the second bad news I had received after about Sam's mom. Cooper's are amongst our biggest client and I could in no way offend them in anyway. I couldn't believe that someone could steal our designs. This had never happened before and the person who did this must really be on pot or would be out of his senses, because I am not going to spare him.

"I was out of office for just two days and someone dared to steal our designs! This is outrageous. Does anyone in this room has anything to say or confess before I find out myself who did this?" I asked addressing everyone present in the boardroom.

All of them remained voiceless. As silent as a dead bird. I wanted to kick all of them out. But obviously not everyone was at fault. It was that one scoundrel that I was looking for.

"Fine, you have left me no choice. I am screening everyone's system to check for any red flags", I said hoping to see any kind of hint on their expressions. But they all remained dead as ever.

Just then the ethical hacker Sean entered the room. "Mr. Taylor, I have traced the IP".

I looked around everyone, all of them where staring at Sean gobsmacked. "All of you may leave the room", I announced and they all followed.

"Who is it?", I asked looking at Sean.

"It's someone named Samantha Ryan". The moment I heard the name I became deaf. I could see his lips moving, probably trying to explain what all he found out, but I was not listening. My mind was trying to understand what just happened. How? Why? No. No no no. It couldn't be true. She can not, never do that. She loves me. Does she?

"Mr. Taylor, Mr. Taylor....", Sean shook me.

"Sean, are you sure that it was Miss Ryan's IP?"

"One hundred percent sure that the emails were sent from Miss Ryan's system. Funny thing is she used her official ID for it. I mean who does that? Mr. Taylor you really need to change your hiring team to avoid hiring people so dumb and crook as her, he he he", he laughed.

I gave him a fiery look which was enough for him to understand that he was crossing his limits. But I was not done. I grabbed him by his collar, pulling him up from his seat and looking into his eyes I said, "Sean, it was nice working with you. Your work here is done. So, you can take your payment and leave. And mind you, don't dare to reveal the name which you told me to anyone outside this room, EVER. I think I have made myself clear here. Isn't it?"

"Ye...y...yes Mr. Taylor,..Sir", he stammered trying hard to stand still on his wiggly two legs".

"Good. Now leave", I said sitting back on my chair.

I checked and rechecked, again and again. It was sent from her system only. Why did she do it? Why?

I was trying to find a reason for it when my cellphone rang. It was mom.

"Hello"

"Oliver, sweety, how are you Son?"

"I am fine mom."

"Son I am missing you so much, why don't you come down for dinner tonight?" I obviously was too disturbed to attend a dinner with my family.

"Mom, I am really sorry I won't be able to make it today. I am really busy", I said.

"Really Son? I thought you could take some time out from your busy life for your old mother". My typical mother.

I sighed and said , "Mom. Fine I'll be there".

"Great. I'll wait. Bye sweety".

"Bye mom, love you".

***************

I pushed the call bell with least interest. Attending a dinner with my family had never felt so worked up. I checked my phone once again. Still no call or message from Sam.

Just then the front door opened. My mom greeted me with a hug. "Son, I am so glad to see you. Look at you, it seems you have lost some weight. Are you alright?", She said checking me for temperature.

"I am fine mom", I said entering.

"Alright, come inside. I want you to meet someone", she said pulling me inside.

"Meet someone, mom I thought it was a family dinner", I said annoyed a bit to hear this new update.

"Oliver, it's so nice to see you after such a long time Son", a voice immediately caught my attention. I was more shocked than surprised to see Julianne's father approaching me with his arms wide open. He came and hugged me patting on my back.

"Hello Uncle, how are you?" I asked.

"To be honest not quite well Son. I had high hopes for you and Julianne", he said glancing at his daughter who was standing besides my mom.

"Dad please, let's not discuss that", Julianne said.

"Er... Why don't you all sit down while I ask the butler to serve entre'", mom said. Thankfully the topic of discussion changed after we sat down on the dinner table.

"Where is Claire and Dad?" I asked looking around.

"Your dad and Claire have gone to Sydney for a week. Your daughter is participating in the ice skating competition this year", mom said proudly.

"Oh I totally forgot", I said rubbing my forehead.

"I can understand Son. After what happened in your company, it's quite possible that you would have forgotten. By the way did you find out who did it?" Julianne's dad asked.

I glared at Julianne for spilling the beans at the next opportunity. "No we haven't. But will find out soon", I said.

"What happened? Oliver, what is Mr. Tucker talking about?", Mom asked.

"You don't know aunty? Somebody stole the designs of his very elite client from the office and sold it to Oliver's rivals", Julianne spoke before I could say anything.

Mom looked at me shocked. "Would you care to explain how did this happen and how come the culprit is still lose free?" She asked.

"I don't know mom", I avoided answering.

"Of course you don't know. Ever since that girl has came in your life you haven't been really caring about anything, isn't it. I am pretty sure this has something to do with her", mom said.

Her words pinched me hard in my heart. "How could you be so sure mom?" I asked.

"Because I know that she is behind your money. Does she know about all this?"

"Not yet",I replied.

"Why?"

"Because she has gone to visit her mom. She is not well", I replied gritting my teeth. I was getting really annoyed with mom's interogation infront of the guests.

"Don't you find this a little strange that you found out about the threat in her absence", this time Julianne's dad spoke.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Dad please you don't know Sam, she is a nice girl. I have met her, she really cares about Oliver", Julianne spoke to her dad.

"I hope so, but her absence at the perfect time sounds a bit fischy to me", said Mr. Tucker.

"Oliver has hired a hacker to screen the computers of every employee to check for any hint of the theft. I am sure they will find out soon who the thief is. Isn't it Oliver?" Asked Julianne. But till that time I was already lost analysing what Julianne's dad and my mom said and what I had found out about the theft. It was like a war between my heart and my mind and I was losing.

################################