Chapter 5. Affinity

A long chapter ahead...

The garden was beautiful. Even in the darkness, Elina could see the flowers and fruits that it held. Her gazes shifted from the flowers to the person who was digging the ground. She moved towards the person and saw that the person was putting some papers inside the hole that was dug. She placed her hand on the shoulder of the person and saw the person turn.

"Olivia?" she asked surprised.

"Hello Elina, before you ask anything let me clarify that I am not a mad person digging the ground at midnight," said Olivia getting up and standing, facing Elina.

"Then what were you doing?"

"Let us just say that I am trying to hide something from that stupid Stefan" she replied.

"Oh, Stefan is the problem! but here?" she asked pointing at the hole which was dug into the ground.

"Don't you know Elina, this is the best place where you can hide your things. Your things are always safe here" she replied.

"Olivia! you dumb girl, why are you digging the ground?"

"I am hiding my things so that daddy can never find them"

"Here?!"

"Sister, don't you know this is the best place where you can hide your things. Your things are always safe here" her small sister smiled warmly.

Elina felt fragments of memories piece through her mind, memories she had forgotten. A tear fell from her eyes and she saw Olivia."You're so like my sister"

"You have a sister?" Olivia asked curiously.

"I had a sister. She is no more" she replied wiping her tears.

"I am Sorry"

"Its fine, we can't always dwell upon our loss and cry on it. It's better to end something and start another than to imprison yourself in the sorrows. Sometimes, we survive by forgetting" Elina said in a sad tone.

"But there are somethings that we can never forget. Something that will never change" Olivia paused for a minute,"I think we should go and sleep before someone thinks that we are ghosts wondering at this time," she said in a sarcastic tone changing the topic.

"Yes, we should go and sleep"

Both of them headed towards the mansion and back to their rooms. Elina thought for few hours in the night and came to a conclusion that she will stay in the mansion. Afterall everyone was not the same and not to forget, she was working because she had to earn for her Uncle and Aunt. She didn't want to become a burden on them. And the mansion was not a bad place though, except for that lord who she didn't like for some odd reason but anyways Stephen and Olivia were always entertaining.

Elina woke up early in the morning, it was her first day on the job and she wanted to be on time. She took a quick shower, wore a simple peach coloured gown and exited her room. In the hallway, she saw Stefan and Olivia standing and talking about something.

"Hello, Stefan and Olivia" she greeted them with a smile.

"Hello, Elina" Stefan and Olivia greeted back at the same time.

"Stop copying me," Stefan said making a plumpy face.

"What?! When did I copy you?" Olivia asked annoyed.

"You said 'Hello Elina' when I said that, means you copied me"

"Stefan are you insane? What do you expect me to say rather than hello? Do you want me to say Cello instead of Hello?" she yelled at him.