Chapter 31. Ginivieve, The Dark Witch

Previous chapter

"What's your name?" I ask a little too curious.

"Jacob."

Elina's POV

I stared at him, shocked. That means Jacob is alive while Claire thinks he's dead. But then why is he captured here?

"Why are you-" My question was cut by the footsteps echoing through the cell.

"Looks like you both have already introduced yourselves to each other." Relief and hope flooded me as I looked up at the woman.

The Werewolf Queen stood smiling at me and Jacob. She's here. Maybe she can help us escape when I tell her I was abducted by Giselle.

I opened my mouth to speak but stop dead on my words when I spot the woman I have started loathing stood behind the queen, smirking at me, making the little hope I had vanish in thin air.

"You are helping her." I whisper, "How can you do that?!" I yell at the Queen.

In a minute, she's standing in front of me gripping my face tightly--almost crushing my jaws--with her palm.

"Mind your voice, human." She spat, tightening her grip on my face.

Tears welled in my eyes as the grip turned painful. I looked at the Queen with all the hatred I had. How could she help Giselle?!

Doesn't she know that she's a traitor? Or.... my eyes widened as realisation dawned on me.

"You're the one who's creating hybrids, aren't you?" I said while she just smirked.

"BINGO." Giselle walked up to me.

How can she do that?! How can the queen herself break the rules? She's betraying everybody. She's the one creating dangerous hybrids. She's the one who changed James into a monster.

Evan and Daniel suspected the right. I want to tell them that they are suspecting the right person. The queen herself is the traitor. But I can't, untill I am held captive over here. I need to escape.

The queen released the grip on my face. Standing up, she wispered something to Giselle before leaving the cell without any word.

Giselle looked at me and smirked, "Now, you're my priority. I can do whatever I want with you." Her smirk grew wider, "Like this." stretching the palm, she raised her right hand.

A stinging pain shoot through my head making me scream with agony. I felt like my head is being poked by thousands of needles. As seconds passed, the pain became unbearable. My screams echoed in my ears.

Just as I thought that I can't handle it any more, a strong force made Giselle fall to the ground as Jacob yelled from the adjoining cell,

"Stop it, Ginivieve!"

Author's POV

"I presume there's something important as for that I am linked here." Mellisa's eyes skidded around the room looking at everyone before landing on Evan, "What's wrong with Evan?"

"There are two things we need to inform you but first I need you to keep Evan in control. He's loosing it due to the mate bond." Claire replied.

Lisa's face shined with happiness. Evan has been searching for his mate for centuries and now he finally found her. She couldn't be less happier for her friend.

Unlike the other kings and queens who were known to everyone, Lisa was unknown to the supernaturals. For them, she was a legend who existed long ago and eventually passed away. No one except the royal families knew who exactly Lisa was or she still existed. She was a walking power bank with powers that no one would have ever heard about but she knew to conceal it well.