Chapter One: Picking Favorites

This story does go a bit slow, but I don't like to rush into things. I find that it makes a better book if you take things slower. Thank you.

-

You rolled over and groaned silently, having had a rough time at the club last night in which you drank WAY too much. Still having a migraine, you grab your computer and hook up to your phone internet. The machine goes off of sleep mode, and you type in your password, 'Sleep is for the weak.' before bringing up Mozilla Firefox and moving the mouse to the search bar to type in, 'YouTube.' You click your enter button on your keyboard and go straight to your notification, seeing see that Markiplier and Jacksepticeye had posted a video two hours ago. They were two of your FAVORITE YouTubers.

You liked Jack better, though, so you clicked on his video. He had recorded one on the game called Undertale. You had watched his other videos on Undertale, and You guessed that he wanted to replay it. Curling into your blanket, you press play. Jack pulls up on the screen. His hand is frozen in mid-air because the video started to buffer. After a few seconds, the video began to play again.

*WAPOOSH* "TOP O' THE MORNIN' TO YA LADDIES, MY NAME IS JACKSEPTICEYE AND WELCOME BACK TO UNDERTALE!"

You gave Jack a high-five back and continued watching the video with a smile on your face. Jack always brought out the best in you. You'd also wanted to become a YouTuber, just like him. You loved the idea of collaboration with other YouTubers such as Mark, Bob, Wade, and Jack.

Eventually, you started to get sweaty because the AC had been cut off since last night. You pulled your (h/c) hair in a ponytail and continued to watch Jack scream his head off at the game. You giggled at his attempt to look mad because he had died- again. He stared at the screen with a poker face- which he couldn't hold but for a few seconds- before bursting out into a fit of laughter. You couldn't help but laugh along with him; his laughter was contagious.

-

Jack had already done his outro, so you shut your computer screen and sighed through the massive grin on your face. You felt so close to Jack- even though you have never seen him in person on the count of the fact that you had been saving up to move to Ireland and hopefully run into him. (I know he doesn't live in Ireland anymore, but in this story he does).

You had almost enough money to move to Ireland. Just a few hundred more, and you'd be ready to roll. It would take about a week until you could get your paycheck.

You pushed your laptop off of you and unwrapped yourself from your covers, putting on your (f/c) bunny slippers, and walking out of your room, into the hallway. There was a spring in your step, fully awake. Every time you'd watch a video of his, you'd feel his PMA wash over you like a tidal wave. His mindset -at least to you- was infectious.

You opened the door to your bathroom and stepped onto the white tile floor before closing the door behind you and looking into the mirror. Your (e/c) eyes stared back at you as you let out a sigh, giggling a bit. You remembered Jack's latest video. He has been your inspiration since he had started YouTube. He was so quiet before- hiding his Irish accent because he thought people wouldn't be able to understand him as much.

He was perfect just the way he was- at least to you. You had developed quite a crush on him over the last six years that you watched him, acknowledging that you had a crush on him around 2015.

-

After getting yourself ready for the day, you sigh and lay down on your bed, picking up your laptop and pulling up YouTube, going back to the notifications and clicking on Mark's video. The truth was, you always watched his videos in the afternoon/night and Jack's in the morning. Waiting for the buffing to stop, you settle into your (f/c) blanket.

Mark smiles as he says his intro, "Hello everybody, my name is Markiplier and welcome to..." He stopped for a moment and looked into the camera, his eyes a mixture of humor and dread. "AMNESIA." He finished, chuckling. "Apparently you guys wanted me to replay it.. so.. HERE IT IS." He held up his hands and pointed to the game.

You laughed. You had always loved Mark's fantastic sense of humor. He was still so childish and goofy. You just adored it.

"Let's get the spoops started." He began to play the game as you laid your head against the headboard and watched him make a fool of himself, screaming every inappropriate word he could think of. Such as; fuck, dicks, tits, or shit.

You started to doze off just before your alarm clock rang, signaling to you that it was time to go to work.

You grunted in disapproval and tapped the 'X' button on your phone. Your alarm immediately cut off, and you grabbed your car keys, heading into the hallway, through the living room and out the door to the one place you hated more than anything else in the entire world. Work.