GHOST OF YOU

15| Sarah, save me.

The door to Sarah's shop dinged as I entered. "We're going to be closed in a moment!" I heard her sweet voice call out.

"Sarah? It's Reena" I said quickly, as the older woman walked out from behind stacks of books.

"Ah, Reena, how are you?" She asked, giving me a small smile.

"I'm fine, Loki sent me here" I said, tilting my head a little.

"Yes, he dropped in before you did, please follow me" she said, gesturing to me.

I followed her as she led me to a hidden corner. "I've found all the books I could on Dark apparitions" she said, gesturing to the desk.

Four books, four huge books sat covered in dust other than the new fingerprints from where she's grabbed. "Thank you Sarah" I said, giving her a smile.

"Don't mention it, I'll be up front, cleaning shelves" she said before disappearing.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the book. It's worn pages crinkled under my soft touch. Book of Shadows, was the title and my fingers gently turned the page.

Inside, were the contents of the pages and each page had a demon and a description on how to kill them and what they looked like. I frowned at the neat botanical scribe and the ink scribble images.

Turning the pages carefully, I looked for the scary smoke ghost.
I kept searching and looking, the demons in the book looking scarier than anything I had ever seen. But demons weren't real. Were they?

I had just finished looking through the second book when Sarah appeared. "Hi sweetheart, how's the research going?" She asked, leaning on the wall.

I sighed and shook my head. "Nothing yet, Sarah do demons exist?" I asked, leaning back in my chair.

"They most certainly do, they hide within the world and try to stay hidden.. but sometimes they come out just to annoy people" she said smiling.

"You sound like you've met one" I said, glancing down at the book.

She chuckled. "I have, even fell in love with one" she replied, grabbing the first book and flipping the pages.

She handed me the open book. "He called himself Henry, he was quite charming and wasn't as evil and devious as he was supposed to be, he took me to many wonderful places and bought me this shop" she said, smiling at the ink drawn picture of a demon that had a face of a man and eyes on a snake.

"What happened to him?" I asked cautiously.

"He had to leave, his people well his kind threatened me and he didn't want me to suffer because of his decision, so he left" she said, pursing her lips.

"I'm sorry" I said, closing the book.

She seemed lost in her thoughts for a moment before shaking her head. "That's why I'm happy to help you and Loki, I know whay it's like to love someone that's forbidden and different" she said, smiling sadly 

"I don't love Loki, not the way he's used to" I said, in defense.

Sarah gave me a knowing look. "If that is true than why are you here searching through old books to find a reason why the dark ghost wants to keep you apart," she replied.

I opened my mouth but couldn't find anything to defend myself. "You should head home, it's getting dark and I'm sure your father is wondering where you are" Sarah said, holding out her hand.