Chapter 2

We finally arrived home, our new house was big, two stories high, on top of a tall cliff that hung over the ocean. Me and Gert set up our room and went through our closet. We liked sharing a room together, I guess it was just normal for us, we have been inseparable since birth.

We have been here 3 days now, we have tested out the ocean and mapped out all the reef, gotten to know our new town and got all new technology, nothing like shell phones. As if our lives weren't a living hell already, our brothers announced to us that we would be going to school. Yep! School! The only reason me and Gert agreed to It was because the hunter's daughter goes to the school in town, and if that wasn't hard enough, half of them are werewolves, yep, that too. Apparently, the town we are in is run by the Dark Moon pack, led by a fearless alpha who is said to be Gert and I's age...17. We spent the whole Sunday dreading our first day at school, not only did we have to keep our species on the down low, we also had to get to know a bitchy werewolf whose dad wants to kill us. But we cam here for one reason, to kill the hunter. Xavier, Zayd and Zyon were attending school with us thank god, and we requested to be in the twin's classes considering me and Gert are in the same grade as them. We decided to get an early night's sleep for our big day tomorrow.

Our alarm bursted our eardrums as I threw it through my wall. Note to self, don't forget about mermaid's super strength. Me and Gert slowly woke up and got ready for the day. Although we are twins, we are not identical, I have long wavy blonde hair like my mum and she has long curly brown hair like our dad (except not long XD). We both have yellowy-green eyes with blue specks in them. I put on high wasted skinny jeans and a cropped black top. I brushed my hair deciding to leave it naturally wavy today, I looked in the mirror and couldn't be bothered putting makeup on. Mermaids are naturally beautiful anyway. I ran downstairs, packed my bag and got a cup of water, I grabbed the salt from the cupboard and poured it all in my cup. I gulped it down in seconds.

"Ready to go?" I asked turning around only to notice my siblings staring at me. Within seconds they were all fighting over the salt trying to tip it in their cup of water.

"Dakota why didn't you tell us about this!" Asked Gert.

"It's so goooood!" said Zyon with contentment.

"Hate to break it to you guys but, we're late!" Said Xavier.

"Bikes?" said Zayd.

We all grinned at each other and ran outside to our motorbikes. Mines was matte black, Gert's was purple, Xavier's was gold and the twins were silver.

"Race you there!" Said Xavier revving his motor.

Before we knew it, we were all flying down the road and within a minute we had arrived at school. Xavier got there first skidding into a park loudly turning all the attention on us. I parked next to him. Followed by the twins and shortly after, Gert. We walked through the carpark together, not realising until we had reached the front of the school, that everyone was staring at us.

"So much for keeping it on the down low" Said Xavier cheekily, we continued walking, Xavier putting his arm around me playfully. We all eyed off our new schoolmates, one guy stood out to me. It was almost as if I was drawn to him, my heart I guess somewhat ached. He had a sharp jawline, light brown hair and looked to be the captain of the football team, most popular and hottest guy in the school. Pfff no wonder I was drawn to him, he's the captain of the football team who wouldn't be... right? We walked in through the front doors and came to a halt when a girl with straight, short, blonde hair stood in front of us.

"Um, who are you?" She said tilting her sunglasses as if she was a movie star. I looked at Gert and rolled my eyes discretely, I was shy, timid. Gert however, she wasn't.

Gert turned to her, mimicked her and said, "Hi! My names 'none of your business', and this is my sister, 'f*#k off'. Nice to meet you!" She said grabbing my hand and shoving through them.

"Gert! Omg! I can't believe you just did that!" I said proudly. My brothers snickered behind us.

"Well, somones gotta put those kinda girls in their place!" She said giggling. We walked passed some more football guys as they let out whistles. Our brother immediately surrounded us protectively, we just laughed. We finally arrived at the front desk and asked for our timetables, me and Gert where in all classes except two, luckily the twins were in one of the classes that Gert wasn't, but the other class, I was gonna be all alone.

We headed to our lockers and set them up, the bell rang, and our dreadful school life had officially started. Me and Gert rolled our eyes, said goodbye to Xavier and walked to class with the twins. Just our luck, our first class was all the way on the other side of the school, so we were gonna be late and there was nothing we could do about it.

*Guys this chapter was so long chapter 2 and 3 were actually the same chapter lol. If you guys would rather small ones tell me! Also any feedback or tips would be great!*

A/N
I wrote this a while ago and am finally reading back over it now, why the actual fuck did I think people would want to read short chapters smh, sorry if the book is cringe. Funny story actually my friend downloaded wattpad and found my book and I didn't want her reading it therefore that explains why this book has been on private for a while, I am trying to change her username and log her out so she has to make a new account lmao*