Ch. 9

(I now have a twitter account for when I am posting or not. Details in profile.)

(Thanks to my beta reader Qwityboy.)

(So I have been thinking for a couple of weeks on who and how to pair Percy with one of the goddesses. My first couple of choices were, as most of you know, Athena, Hestia, and Khione. The problem is that while I have thought of how to get the one chosen whichever that is into the story. I am not too sure how to get them together.)(Q: I vote Hestia!)

(With that out of the way I am adding the only demigod (so far) into the running for a romance option for Percy. Clarisse has been chosen. Why Clarisse, well one it is a very rare pairing unless you can find one that has not been stopped halfway through or is less than 5,000 words. And I just like her character. Clarisse looks like the one in the Percy Jackson movies)

________________________________________________________________________________

[Character Status]

[Name: Annabeth Chase] Lv.42

[Age: 16] [Race: demigod] [Title: Unknown]

[HP: 3,400/3,400]

[Mana: Locked]

[Stats]

Strength - 44

Vitality - 76

Dexterity - 58

Intelligence - 83

Wisdom - 97

Charisma - 41

Luck - 27

Her level may not be as high as Luke's, but her wisdom and intelligence are the highest I have ever seen. Shaking myself from that thought, I walked over to the blue side. As I stood, with all the people gathering on their colored areas, I took a glance around and realized how out of place I looked. The people around me were putting on armor, sharpening their weapons, and practicing their sword swings, and I was just standing there in jeans and a plain white Tee.

Opening the items shop, I scrolled through all the different types of armor plates that I could wear. Seeing the prices, I sighed to myself. A thousand drachma was WAY too much money for a piece of armor that would slow me down, and I couldn't afford it, even if I wanted it. Closing the shop window, I started to wait for the game to start.

Until I heard the notification sound ringing in my ear. [Ding!], [Ding!], [Ding!].

[Special Event]

[Join the blue side in capture the flag and win]

[Rewards]

Unknown

Join Event?

[Yes] [No]

This was new. Seeing this event made me think about what else there is to discover. Not only about the bracelet, but for things like this event or quests I have yet to find. Clicking yes, I heard a [Ding!] and, naturally, I thought it was just confirmation for accepting the quest and ignored the unseen gold flashing light.

...

Following the blue team, I stopped a little in front of the flag as I watched Annabeth send people into positions. Seeing almost everyone gone, I walked to Annabeth preparing to ask where I would be placed.

"Hey, Annabeth Whe-". I was cut off quickly by her.

"There you are Percy, You are going to be stationed here, and you're going to guard our side of the creek." she said, and then sped off with all the other demigods charging ahead into the trees.