T H I R T E E N / FIRST DATES

A Z U R E

"Girl, what the hell are you so happy about?"

Justin dragged his feet into his kitchen, his head pounding from the night before. He went into the party with a mindset of being classy drunk, but woke up realizing he had been trashy instead. He had been trying to nurse his headache all morning, while Azure was typing away at her laptop.

"Nothing" Azure lied, "How are you feeling?"

Justin began to go on about his night before, the portion that he remembered anyway, and Azure wasn't paying him any mind as she giggled at her screen.

NICO🥊

Sunday, 9:00am
What time do you go into work?

Sunday, 9:01am
9:30, about to leave out now

Damn, so I'll have to wait until
you get back home to talk to you
Received 9:03am

Unfortunately 😕

Or I can sit in the diner all day
Until you're off
Received 9:04am

"Nothing my ass." Justin said, snatching her laptop from the counter.

"Justin!" She shouted, "Really?"

Justin flagged his best friend, next continuing to scroll through the messages in the chat box. Azure was too into her computer, and since she didn't want to tell him why he would find out on his own.

"Who is Nico?" He asked, finally looking up, a smile spreading across his face.

"Nobody." Azure shook her head, next standing up and preparing to leave. She had to be to work in the next twenty minutes, and her conversation with Nico was holding her up.

"He don't sound like nobody," Justin pointed out, "I quote, 'You we're looking good as hell in that dress, you didn't dress like that for me in Miami.. wink emoji'" he read one of Nico's messages out loud.

"I don't have time to explain, later." Azure said, grabbing her bag and more importantly avoiding the conversation.

She didn't have time for the lecture from Justin, so she avoided telling him about her Miami crush. She still wasn't sure about her feelings towards him, because honestly he was way out of her league. He looked as if he had it all, and could have anyone he wanted.

His tall stature, butterscotch skin, handsome features all making him the perfect man to use you and dispose of you once he wasn't satisfied. However he hadn't acted that way and had been the sweetest person to her. She wasn't sure if it was just an act; But she enjoyed the company and the distraction from her current heart break.

"Can I have my laptop?" She asked, looking at him as he continued to scroll through her and Nico's messages.

Justin rolled his eyes.

"Fine, but you better tell me later."

"I am." Azure promised, taking her laptop.

She wasn't sure if she would be able to connect to wifi on her laptop outside of Justin's apartment, but she figured she'd at least try. The airline finally reached out to say they found her bag, but she still had to wait an additional seven business days to have it delivered. Her laptop had been her source of entertainment for the time being, so she decided to pack it into her bag to use it while on break.