Chapter 28

Kadance's POV

Emptiness. Shattered. Heartbroken. Terrified. These are the thoughts and feelings going through my head as I watch Ryan kick Blayne, Jace, Jared, Kyle, Alex and Dylan out of the room. The pain of watching them leave hurts way more than any beating that will come later from Ryan or his Dad.

"I'm going to see when we can take you home." Ryan says before walking out my hospital room. Home? If I am with him it, I will never have a home.

I sit on my hospital bed crying for at least an hour before Ryan returns. I can't read his emotions, but then I never could. "Don't cry, Kadance. We're going home tomorrow." Ryan says looking at me, but I refuse to acknowledge him. "We won't be living with my parents." He says while rubbing me arm trying to cheer me. "Since we will be a family, I bought a house for you, Mason and myself."

I still don't respond to him. Am I supposed to be Happy? I don't want to be with him. Yes, I want Mason in my life but not Ryan. "Kadance." I can hear the irritation in his voice. "I want to start new with you, but I need to know, did you cheat on me with any of those guys?"

I can no longer remain silent. So many emotions are running through my head. Rage. Hate. Sadness. Pain. "How could I be cheating on you when you and I are nothing." I scream at him. "Ryan, I want nothing to do with you. How do you think you can just walk in here and demand a relationship with me? Huh?"

"Because I love you, Kadance. We were always meant to be together. We are going to be a happy family."

"You don't love me. You don't give a damn about me. You never did. You only care about what you want." I say through tears. How can he do this to me? I did love him at one point. You don't hurt the ones you love.

"Shut the Fuck. Up. Kadance." Ryan yells while slamming his fist into the wall. "I do love you, and you love me. We will be a family for Mason. And if you ever think about contacting any of those guys again, I will kill them. Do you hear me? I will Kill them. I will not lose you again. Do you understand me?"

Looking down at my lap I murmur, "Yes." I've never seen him this angry before.

"Yes, what, Kadance?" He growls as he inches closer to my face.

I look at him fearfully, "Yes, I will go home with you, and we will be a family. I will never talk to any of the guys again."

"Good." He says and then kisses me on my forehead.

He gets up to leave the room, but I interject before he can leave. "Ryan, I'm not doing this for you. I will never love you. I'm doing this for my son, Mason, and for those guys who are the first people since my parents died that have shown love and kindness towards me. I will do as you say because I don't want to see them be hurt."

Ryan turns to face me and at first there is a flash of hurt in his face, but he quickly recovers with a look of hatred instead. "Kadance, I don't care what your reasons are on why you are agreeing. You will eventually learn to love me again. We have the rest of our lives for you to learn to love me. I will never let you go again. Rather you believe it or not, I really do love you, Kadance. Always have and always will."

As he walks out of the room, I whisper, "If you really love me, then you would let me go." but he doesn't hear me.

Once I know Ryan is gone, I grab my phone that is hidden under my pillow and open a group message so I can text the guys one last time.

Guys,

I am really sorry. I want you to all know that you all mean the world to me. You saved me when I was ready to end it all. You showed me what true friendship is. You showed me that even someone as broken as me can still be loved. Y'all didn't give up on me even though I was ready to give up on myself on many times. You didn't judge me because of my past and you made me feel for the first time like I had a family again. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I know you may not agree with the decision have made, but I must go with Ryan. I can no longer have any type of contact with any of you. I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry. I don't want to do this, but I must do it for Mason and for y'all. He will hurt y'all if I don't. You all have given me happiness back in my life. Thank you. Alex, thank you for being like a little brother to me. Dylan, thank you for having 'girl talk' with me. Kyle, thank you for being so welcoming when I first met you. Jared, thank you for being such an amazing friend. Don't be afraid of facing your demons. I really wish we could help face our demons together. Jace, where do I begin? If it wasn't for you, I don't know what would have happen to me. You saved me that day we met in the alley behind your brother's gym and have protected me ever since. Thank you, Jace. Thank you for everything. I love all of you, and it will be the memories of y'all that will keep me going in whatever my future may holds. Please don't try to come after and don't let Blayne come after me. Ryan is dangerous and he will not hesitate to kill any of y'all.