Advance Slowly

(These two finally talked to me... a little lol) 

"Hey..." 

Jared glanced up from the book he was reading, nudging his glasses up the bridge of his nose as he straightened in his chair. 

"Hey Knight." He replied, waiting for him to say what he came to. They had been kind of awkward since he'd kissed him a few days ago, but it definitely wasn't as bad as before. 

When Knight just stood in the door looking down at his feet, Jared sighed and removed his glasses to fold and set aside. He then set his book down with them and raised an eyebrow at the guy. The silent invitation did the trick. Knight walked forward, clearly trying to withhold his excitement, then slipped onto Jared's lap like a kitten silently begging for attention. 

Jared watched as the guy straddled him and leaned forward. Without a word, Jared reached up and wrapped his arms around Knight's waist. He felt him nuzzle into his hair and rest his arms on his shoulders. The gesture drew Jared's eyes upward, his head tilting backward just enough to see Knight staring down at him with a devilish smirk. 

"I don't want to know what thoughts have spawned that smile," he said with his own slight grin. 

Knight pursed his lips, trying to keep his smirk from growing wider, no doubt. 

"Talk to me, my chicken." 

Knight finished getting settled in his lap, then leaned up just enough to press a chaste kiss to his lips. Jared returned it gently, then leaned back to break the contact. "How has your new job been going?" he asked as he unconsciously played with the waistband of Knight's work pants. The guy looked decent in them, but he preferred him naked. Not that they had done anything yet, but still. 

He got a response after a few moments of Knight rearranging his hair. The guy had an obsession with preening him, even if he wasn't in his hawk form. It didn't really bother him, though, so he let him have his fun. Sometimes it was actually nice to just let the guy play with his hair a bit. 

"It's okay. When we have a chase or something it can get pretty cool. It's much easier for me to keep up with a bad guy than a dog when running through residential places. We kinda work together," he said as he nuzzled into Jared's hair and wrapped his arms around his neck. "Your hair always smells so good." 

Jared reached up with a quiet chuckle and ran his fingers through Knight's dirty hair. "It happens when you wash it regularly, my dirty bird." 

The smile he got in response to his comment as Knight leaned back a bit had him shaking his head. 

"You're not getting in bed looking and smelling like that. I don't care how cute you are when curled up next to me." 

Knight stuck his tongue out but slid from Jared's lap before grabbing the guy's hand and tugging. 

"I already took a shower this morning," Jared said even as he stood up and let Knight pull him along. They hadn't actually bathed together, even after realizing that they wanted to grow closer. Knight was quite jumpy, still not one-hundred percent trusting that Jared wasn't messing with him, and well, Jared wasn't used to touching in general. Even being looked at sometimes bothered him.                                                                        

Granted, Palace had been more than willing to offer them unwanted insight on how to screw each others' brains out properly, but they'd both managed to dodge most of what he tried to say on a daily basis. Just thinking about it made Jared cringe.