n.p., t.a. - the caves

authors note: this idea has been stuck in my head recently since me and my best friend are both hardcore in love with neil and todd. btw, it isn't polyamorous! just a fun little drabble i thought of. 

(b/f/n) = best friends name

summary: you and your best friend and dating neil and todd!

"(b/f/n). do you think it's sorta funny how we're basically dating the male versions of ourselves?"

"it's most definitely funny." 

behind you, neil and todd both came up behind you in the dining hall. neither of you had realized until they sat down, neil giving you a peck on the cheek. 

"hi doll."

"hi, handsome."

todd only blushed at your friend, she did the same. while todd may be very quiet and shy, he treated her with so much respect. 

neil too, he was always going out of his way to make your day. there was never a dull moment when dating these two. 

"todd and i am going to a meeting tonight at the caves. do you wanna come?" 

"sure." she said, you nodding with her. 

you'd been initiated along with her and chris. the guys had no problem with you being there, all of the guys except cameron. he wasn't too keen on having you all around but it wasn't his place to decide. 

"what time?" you ask.

"normal time." neil winks, "we can meet you at your dorm tonight to help you sneak out."

"that would be insanely risky, neil." 

your friend agreed, "i agree. too risky. we can just meet you there."

the boys nodded, saying their goodbyes. they both leave to go find the guys, leaving you two alone at the table. 

"so we're going early for out meeting?"

"of course." you giggled.

"let's go call chris then." she smiled, standing up and making her way out of the dining hall.

sadly, when you round the corner the phone was tied up. no telling how long it would take for this conversation to be over. they make their way to find another phone inside the school to possibly get ahold of chris. 

"you know, she's probably at school. it's only 1:30." she smirked. 

"good point. i guess we'll just have to go find her." 

after finding chris they make their way to her house. after hours of just chatting, they begin to make their way to the caves. an hour earlier than they guys to be exact. 

they had personally started their own 'society.' it was very proper and they read things of older literature all by women. the guys knew nothing of it, but that wouldn't last for long. 

you took the book from under your coat and began reading 'the empty cup' by katherine rolston fisher. 

'evening at occoquan. rain pelts the workhouse.' 

as she reads, chris and (b/f/n) sit around you. both girls listening with every fiber of their being. 

'the prison matrons are sewing together for the red cross.' 

they're so interested in the poem that they ignore the sticks and leaves crackling outside the cave. the boys begin to hear voices and wonder who it could be. 

as time goes on, neil starts to recognize the voice that is reading.

'the women prisoners are going to bed in two long rows.' 

the boys too begin to notice that the girls were inside the cave. 

"is that (y/n)?" cameron asked, quite loudly. 

the girls directed their attention elsewhere now that they've been caught. 

"get rid of the book!" chris whispered.

"why?" you whispered back.

"they'll mock us, you know charlie will!" 

they all quietly laugh, trying to get the book hid. right when you laid it down, the boys walked in. 

"what are you doing here so early?" todd asked, specifically to (b/f/n). 

"well you see." 

"none of your business." you smiled.

"did you start your own society?" knox asked chris. 

chris looked over at you, trying to decide if she tells the truth or not. 

"they did!" neil grinned. he was very proud of the girls and happy they found their passion.

"well, ladies." charlie smiled, stepping forward, "can i join you?"

"are you a girl?"

"no."

"exactly." 

"what exactly do you all do anyways?" cameron raised a brow.

"cameron, can you hear properly? were we not just reading poetry?"

he rolled his eyes at what (b/f/n) said. the two never got along great, nor did the other two girls.

"let's get this show on the road." you groaned.

"i agree." 

-

authors note: this was really just for me to have the idea wrote down rather than stuck in my brain. it's not too good for a fic but i thought it was a cute friendship thing.