Chapter 6: Phase 1 Completed

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥S.B. Kenny ©♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Chapter 6: Phase 1 Completed

Saturday, or the day of my date with Mr. Player #22. Most girls would be fussing over their outfit and counting down the hours, minutes, seconds until they can be with Jake. Me? I got ready by lounging around my house in sweats. I woke up at 9:30ish and it's 3pm now. Does that tell you anything? Jake texted me about noon-ish saying we were going to see Paranormal Activity 4 at 10, and that he would be picking me up about 9.

My eyes followed Spongebob and Patrick on the TV as I watched them as they particiapated in jellyfishing. Yes, I am 17 years old and I still watch Spongebob. Don't judge. As I continued watching them, I heard the front door open but I was to into my show.

"Really, Zoe, cartoons?" My mother's voice filled the semi-quiet house. Meli was in her room, probably listening to One Direction while reading about them in a magazine. Rina had a photo shoot for a local retail store at 1. So she has been out of the house since 10. I paused Spongebob to crank my head to look at my mom. She was wearing some old shorts and a tank top stained with dirt and mud. In her hands, she was holding her gardening gloves. Another passion my mom had besides watching infants was gardening.

"Is that a problem," I asked her with a smirk. I watched as she shook her head and went into the kitchen.

"Yeah, cartoons will rot your brain, and we all know you don't have any brains to spare," she teased. I stifled a chuckle as I heard water running.

"Don't worry about me, Mom."

"I'm your mom, which entitles me to worry about every little thing you do." She called from the kitchen. "Speaking of worrying, don't you have a date tonight? With a boy?" She poked her head out of the kitchen doorway. I mentally groaned. Of course she would know about that! I fell backwards onto the plush sofa I was previously sitting on.

"Yeah," I groaned. I didn't even hear my mom leave the kitchen but there she was, standing in front of me. She smiled and pinched my cheeks.

"Finally my baby girl has a social life!" She praised. I swatted her hands away and sat up.

"I DO have a social life!" I defended, crossing my arms over my chest. My mom rolled her eyes.

"I mean, besides the dance team."

"They count!"

"But now you have a boyfriend to have a social life with," she told me before disappearing upstairs.

"Yeah, good talk, Mom!" I yelled in the direction of the stairs. Grumbling, I played Spongebob. "She has to be the weirdest mother..."

3 Spongebob filled hours later, Rina walked in. She was followed by 2 guys carrying armfuls of bags.

"God, I love being a model. I'm always getting free stuff!" She said with delight. Her eyes fell upon me sprawled on the couch. Her nose scrunched up in disgust. "Oh, you look gross." She informed me as she pointed upstairs, instructing the guys to take her clothes to her room.

"Gee, thanks." I told her dryly. She walked over to me and plopped down on my back. "Oof, get off me, you fat cow!" I mumbled into my pillow.

"You do realize that Jake will be here in like 3 hours and roughly 7 minutes, and you look gross as hell?" I bucked my back and caused Rina to fall to the floor.

"Wow, Rina, you really know how to make me feel pretty, bitch." I laughed as I sat up.

"That's what I'm here for." Rina giggled from the floor.