CHAPTER 26

THE REST OF THE WORLD CAN GO CHUCK THEMSELVES

"Hey Skittles, you have any idea when your dad's coming back?" Luke asks me as he enters my room, drying his hair with a towel and wearing only sweatpants. I control the urge to stare at his bare chest and turn around, looking back at my laptop, "Tomorrow evening. Why?"

"Just wondering." he says, his voice getting closer to where I was at my table. I can already smell that minty scent, gotten stronger after his shower. He was also hot. No like seriously, literally, hot. Goodness how hot of a shower does this guy have?

"What are you doing?" He asks, leaning on the chair I'm sitting on. My breathing gets uneven as his scent overpowers my system and a hot blush rises up my cheeks. "Project." I squeak out, trying to sound as normal and unaffected as possible, but it seemed like I did a very bad job because Luke notices my voice change and I feel a smirk on his lips when he says the next words, "Can I help you with it?" He whispers into my ear.

I bite my lip and do a very weird movement which was suppose to be a shrug and an okay but because of my nervousness around him looked like a very sad excuse for a shoulder relaxation exercise. Goodness, this boy is going to be the death of me.

He softly chuckles and drags a chair from nearby, settling down next to me. From the corner of my eye, I see his towel hung around his neck, still exposing his toned abs. I swallow as I click on another result showing up on Google.

"What's the project about?" He asks, running a hand through his wet, messy hair. I take a deep breath, "Sha-shakespeare." I stutter. "What about him?" He asks.

"Study."

"What?"

"I meant I have to study. It's not a project. A play." I mutter, biting my lip and he smirks, "Why are you so nervous Skittles? Is it because of me?" "No, I'm fine." I say a little too quickly. He chuckles and stands up,"You're such an innocent little thing. I'll be back soon, with a shirt on." He ruffles my hair and leaves the room.

Ugh, I should really get a grip on myself around him.

I shut my laptop, knowing that no study will be done right now and just as I'm about to crash on the bed, Luke's voice erupts from the next room, "Skittles, wanna play FIFA?" He shouts. I let out a relieved breath. Thank goodness, he's not taunting me about the incident.

I open the door to his room and see him with a black hoodie on, sitting on the bed with two controllers in his hand. He smirks when he sees me enter and I raise my brows, "Not a word." He doesn't say anything, but that damned smirk does.

I roll my eyes, "How about Fortnite instead?" He gives me an amused smile, "You want to play Fortnite with me?" I shrug, "Yeah, why are you that bad at it?" He laughs, "Skittles calling myself a pro at the game is just me being modest. You really don't want to embarrass yourself when you lose."

I narrow my eyes at him and plonk myself down next to him on the bed, "I've played this a million times with Liam and am really good. So don't get too cocky now, Johnson, it'll be embarrassing when you lose."

A mischievous grin plays on his lips, "We'll only find out if we start playing." He chooses the game and smirks, "Game on, Skittles. You have a tiny chance though, coz I'll be using just one hand."

----

I lost.

I should've known that Luke would beat me at this, what was I even thinking betting about it? I groan as he laughs his head off at my chats with Harp.

You see, your girl was so stupid that in the middle of the game when Luke asked her if she wanted to bet...she like a total and complete idiot, agreed and what's more? If I lost, he would get to read my chats with Harper since he knew about her crazy fangirling over Luke and me. How he found out? Don't ask.