CHAPTER 43

AN EXCUSE TO 'GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER AND BOND'

"Hey Brooklyn? Can I enter?" Dad asks from outside my room. I open the door for him, "Yeah?" "Hey uh, do you have any plans for tonight?" He asks and I furrow my brows, "Why, what happened?" 

"No I wanted to bring uh-wait but do you have any plans tonight?"

I nod, "Luke and I are going on a date later tonight. It's our one month." He scratches his forehead, "Oh okay. By, uh what time will you'll be back?" I shrug and he sighs, "Fine are you free tomorrow?"

"Yeah I guess. What happened though?" He shakes his head, "Nothing. I'll tell you tomorrow. And come back by 10:45." I pout, "11:15"

"11:00"He says in a concluding voice and leaves my room.

What was he so nervous about?

xxxx

"Skittles. what're you so deep in thought about?"Luke asks as we're leaving the expensive restaurant with the most lip-smacking food he took us to for our date. I shake my head, "Nothing. It's good." He looks at me worriedly, "If there's anything, you can tell me. You know that right?" I nod and smile, "I know Luke. Anyway, dinner was great today. Thank you."He grins and leans forward, pecking my cheek, "Onto your place now. Where is it?"

I had also planned something for our one month anniversary and hadn't told Luke about it until before we left. Thankfully it didn't clash with his plan. I gave him the directions as we went since the guy wouldn't allow me to drive his 'baby'.

"Skittles you know kidnapping me while I'm the one driving isn't a really sensible thing to do."Luke jokes as we drive up a road in the forested mountain. I roll my eyes, "Oh god it isn't?Dang it, should've thought about that earlier." It was now his turn to roll his eyes which soon widened as we reached our spot decorated with fairy lights.

"Drive ahead?"He asks when we reach an intersection and I nod, grinning, "Drive ahead."

In 2 minutes we reach our destination: the top of a hill overlooking the entire town. Liam brought me here after school and helped me set it all up. Fairy lights hung from one tree to another, surrounding us with the perfect lighting, adding to the beautiful scene of the ocean ahead of the lit up city below us.

I look nervously at Luke when he stands next to me, his mouth hanging open."You like it?"I ask and he scoffs and turns to me, "Of course I like it Skittles! I love it! This place is just-it's woah it's breathtaking." It really is.

I take the blanket from the bag I had brought and kept in the backseat of his car and lay it down a little further away from the edge. The scattered leaves crunch under our shoes. How I love that sound!

"When did you even find this place? Or rather, how? It's so deep inside." Luke says, adjusting his light blue textured blazer he had worn over his white shirt as he sat down beside me. It contrasted his eyes perfectly. I shrug, "Liam and I were just driving around a few days back." "In the woods?"He raises his brow and I shrug again.

He chuckles and wraps his hand around my shoulder, kissing my temple, "This is more than I had expected. We should come here often." He says and I put my hand on my heart in mock offense, "You expect so less of me Johnson. It hurts." He shrugs, "Can't really help it Taylor, I set the bar really high and someone topping it, bruises my ego. But I don't mind for once." He winks and I crack a smile before pulling our lips together and kissing the heck out of him under the dark and starry, Monday sky.

xxxx

I sigh as I take another bite of my chicken, sitting opposite dad and his girlfriend, Catherine. Dad, in the morning, told me he's going out to get groceries and came back with his girlfriend an hour later. Now I'm being forced to eat lunch with them, considering it as an excuse to 'get to know each other and bond'. Yeah right, we've been bonding over this silence for pretty long now. I think I know enough.

Skittles Own(s) My Heartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें