CHAPTER 52

JUST THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT

My face breaks into a huge smile and I wrap him in a tight hug, squeezing the life out of him. "I can't believe you did all this. God, Luke you set the bar so high every time!" I say, grinning from war to ear.

His chest rumbles with laughter against my cheek and I move away, looking up at him, "You planned this out with Luna at dinner?" He nods, shrugs and shakes his head all at the same time. I laugh at him.

He joins in, "Well not everything. Like this was planned earlier. I have sources who helped me set this up and then I just told Luna to get you outside a little after 12."

He pulls me close to him and leans his forehead against mine before connecting our lips. My hands wrap around his neck and I pull him lower, standing on my tiptoes at the same time, ignoring the needle pokes of my heels as I do so.

After about seven minutes of what felt like heaven, we pull apart, both breathing heavily and laughing giddily.

Soon, we're walking along the dark sea shore, hand in hand, talking about everything that interested us.

Even if I didn't understand what he said sometimes, I liked listening to him and seeing his face light up while explaining his interests.

When we felt a little tired, we sat outside near the fireplace for sometime before heading into the white tent which had scattered sand all over the floor. We laid a blanket on top and shut the outer zipper. It had really tiny holes which would let in oxygen and a bit of sand as well, but less than what it would if it were open.

Luke had pillows and everything ready. When we settle down, he brings out his guitar from his case kept at the side and adjusts it under his arm before beginning to tune it.

When he's done is when he finally looks at me, biting his bottom lip and smiling, "You ready to hear my beautiful voice?" I laugh and nod, "Yes, Johnson, fulfill your promise of serenading your girlfriend." He laughs and takes a deep breath before starting to strum very stacatto-ish chords and bobbing his head in beat. He starts:

Some day, when I'm awfully low,
When the world is cold,
I will feel a glow just thinking of you
And the way you look tonight

My cheeks hurt from the amount I'm smiling right now, just this time, in a good way. Very very good way. He looks up and meets my eyes, his gaze not leaving them for the rest of the song.

Yes you're lovely, with your smile so warm
And your cheeks so soft,
There is nothing for me but to love you,
And the way you look tonight.

With each word your tenderness grows,
Tearing my fear apart
And that laugh that wrinkles your nose,
It touches my foolish heart.

Lovely, never, ever change.
Keep that breathless charm.
Won't you please arrange it?
Cause I love you
Just the way you look tonight.

Mm, mm, mm, mm,
Just the way you look tonight

After he's done, I jut my bottom lip out and place my hand on my heart. I lean forward and wrap my arms around his neck and kissing his hair, "Thank you so much for that! That's one of my favourite songs and you absolutely killed it." I move away and see him smirk, "I know, obviously I did." I roll my eyes and slap his forehead lightly, "Always that ego gotta ruin it." 

He laughs and leans forward, kissing my cheek and resting his forehead on mine, "I meant it, you know? Each and every single line. It's all you do to me, Skittles. And more."