𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞

𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞.- 𝚂𝚑𝚎𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚒 𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚐

𝐎𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 that night. She found herself sitting on their windowsill, blanket wrapped around her as she stared up into the stars. Once she saw the world was beginning to brighten, she carefully stood up, gently grasping her coat, scarf and shoes in hopes of not waking Knox up. She wrote a quick note, placing it on her bed for Knox to see once he woke up, knowing she was safe. Her feet padded across the floor as she made her way outside, desperate for fresh air to clear her mind. She sat under a tree, head resting gently against it as she breathed in the morning. "You're up early." A smile graced her features as she opened her eyes, head raising to meet Todd's gentle gaze. "I couldn't sleep," she explained, while gesturing for him to sit with her. He did so, crossing his legs while looking at her, almost trying to decipher something. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked gently, eyes tender as they bore into hers. "Maybe later," she replied, frowning as she watched him shiver. "It's cold outside. You should have dressed warmer," she chastised him as she took off her scarf and wrapped it securely around his neck. He laughed softly saying, "My father always taught me I should be the one to offer my scarf to a beautiful woman." She blushed slightly but firmly replied, "How about we break those moulds then?" They smiled as they leaned into each other for warmth and comfort, listening to the birds sing as they watched the sun break through the horizon. "I have a question," Todd stayed, breaking the silence. "Go ahead," she urged. "Have you... uh..." She looked at him, noticing the hesitance on his face. "You can ask me anything, Todd. I'll always give you an honest reply." He nodded slightly, licking his lips as he asked, "Have you ever courted anyone before?" She laughed slightly, causing his eyes to look up into hers alarmed. "I've been out for dinner with men my mother chose, though I made sure they hated me. I've never been in a relationship before," she replied. "Not even Charlie?" This caused her to let out a flurry of giggles, causing his heart to lightly flutter. "Especially not Charlie," she affirmed, placing her hand over her heart to calm her incessant laughter. "He's like a brother to me. All the boys are." He smiles at that, and leaned in closer to her. "What about you?" she asked gently, eyes kind and full of wonder. "I've gone for dinner with one or two women. I didn't talk much so they didn't last long. I have a feeling my mother will start setting me up again next year," he explained with a shrug. "Maybe you'll find someone to love before then," she suggested while snuggling closer to him as the wind picked up, leaves fluttering around them. He looked down at her with a soft smile and replied, "Maybe I will."

Neil noticed a shift in Ophelia and Todd's relationship at breakfast. They were sitting across from one another, deep in conversation about who knows what. He noticed how more comfortable Todd had become around her, not constantly tense and stuttering. He beamed at them as he sat himself next to Todd, their conversation ceasing as they greeted him. Neil found himself wondering about the future, excited to see how their relationship could blossom.