𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

𝙾𝚏 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚍𝚘 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑,𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚞𝚒𝚕𝚍 𝚊 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚐𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜

𝙾𝚏 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚍𝚘 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑,𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚞𝚒𝚕𝚍 𝚊 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚐𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜.- 𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚊 𝚅𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚞

"𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞, 𝐈 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 part! I'm gonna play Puck! I'm gonna play Puck!" Charlie and Ophelia were sitting in his room finishing their chemistry homework when they heard Neil holler in the corridor. They shuffled out of the room, wondering what their friend was so excited about. He rushed forward and grabbed Charlie's arms saying, "Charlie, I got it!" Charlie smiled at Neil as he moved over to Ophelia, spinning her around, her shrieking gleefully, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek with a smile. "Congratulations. Good for you, Neil. Good for you." They watched as he rushed to his room, smiles plastered on their faces as they moved back into Charlie's.

Once Charlie came back from showering, Ophelia made her way to the bathroom, waiting for one of the boys to take watch. Todd approached her quietly, eyes softening as he observed her as she read the book they got in the town. "Is it any good?" he asked, startling her as she looked up at him. "So far yes. Are you watching tonight?" she asked, gesturing to the bathroom. He nodded, smiling at her, eyes calm. "Why don't you read some of it while I'm in there. You can see if you like it," she offered, holding it out for him, him grasping it gently with a small nod. Once she finished, she found Todd leaning against the entrance with his back turned towards her. She wrapped her arms around his waist, reaching up to place her chin on his shoulder. "Enjoying it?" she asked softly, the air around them dampened by her tired demeanour. "Yea, it's really good. You want to go to sleep?" he asked, his fingers dancing along her arm which was still placed around his waist. Todd moved to tenderly grasp her waist as he felt her nod against his shoulder, guiding her back to her room as her head lay against him. The act caused her heart to flutter and a soft blush to dust her cheeks, him constantly surprising her with his new found confidence. They reached her door, both slightly disappointed at the thought of parting. "Sleep well," she said softly, eyes meeting his as he moved closer to her. He hesitated for a second, before pressing a gentle kiss to the top of her head. "Sweet dreams," he whispered, moving away once she opened her door. Neil greeted him with a teasing smirk, eyebrows raised as he looked towards his friend. "You two look cosy."
"Shut up," Todd mumbled, practically throwing himself on his bed and nuzzling his face into his pillow. "Promise me something, Todd," Neil prompted, Todd feeling surprised by the stern, serious gaze which met him when he looked towards his friend. "Yea, sure. What is it?" Todd asked, eyebrows scrunched in concern. "Promise me you'll protect her. No matter what happens to any of us, no matter what happens to me, you will keep her safe and happy." Todd shook his head saying, "Nothing is going to happen to-"
"Promise me, Todd!" Neil exclaimed, cutting him off. "She is the most important thing in my life. She is there for me through everything. If I can't be there for her, I beg of you to be there in my place." A promise was made that night, one which Todd wouldn't now the true lengths of for a while, but the pair fall asleep knowing that whatever was to happen in the future, the gentle poet would be safe.