𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

𝙸 𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚎 𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢 - 𝙰𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚊

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 Nolan to hold an assembly that day, assuming he would go talk to the school news department quietly. He, however, had other plans. "Sit," he boomed over the students, his agitation obvious in his voice. Todd was playing with Ophelia's fingers, a habit he had developed over time when his nerves got the best of him. "In this week of Welton's Honor there appeared a profane and unauthorized article. Rather than spend my valuable time ferreting out the guilty persons- and let me assure you I will find them- I'm asking any and all students who knows anything about this article to make themselves known here and now. Whoever the guilty persons are, this is your only chance to avoid expulsion from this school." Ophelia sucked in a breath, nervous for Charlie's fate beside the anger she felt toward him. A shrill ring of a phone was heard from behind her, causing Ophelia to close her eyes as she realised this was Charlie's doing. "Welton Academy. Hello. Yes, he is. Just a moment," Charlie paused as he held out the phone toward the headmaster, "Mr. Nolan, it's for you. It's God. He says we should have girls at Welton." Laughter bustled around the hall, causing a triumphant smirk to make it's way onto Charlie's face. The poets looked between each other, shaking their heads in disappointment.

Ophelia watched with tear filled eyes as Charlie walked stiffly through the corridor, a cloth in her hand as she waited patiently. "You kicked out?" Neil questioned from his place beside her, his thumb dancing over her wrist, not only to calm her, but to ground him. "No," Charlie answered through gritted teeth, Ophelia letting out a quiet whimper. "So what happened?" Charlie continued his painful path to his room while answering, "I'm to turn everybody in, apologize to the school and all will be forgiven."
"So, what are you gonna do? Charlie!"
"Damn it, Neil," he turned toward the boys with a tearful smile, "The name is Nuwanda." Before he could close the door, Ophelia had rushed inside, passing the ice filled cloth to him. Before she left, he grabbed her wrist and turned her around and into his chest. "I'm so sorry, Lia," he sobbed, feeling the girl's own tears staining his shirt. His head became buried in her hair, whispered apologies filling her ears as she gently rubbed his back. "It's alright. We're alright. Everything will be alright."

"Ready to go, darling?" Todd questioned, hearing her footsteps approach while adjusting his tie. He looked over at Ophelia, his breath hitching in his throat. His eyes travelled from her kitten heels, up her slender, pale legs to where her burgundy dress began just under her knees. The wide skirt panned up till it clinched her waist, allowing his eyes to wonder up to her collarbones which were peaking out of the boat neckline which led to her elbow length sleeves. "Do I look alright?" she asked, worried about how silent he was. "What did I do to deserve someone as godly as you?" he whispered as he moved closer to her, placing his hand on her waist as he pulled her close to him. Swooping down, he placed a sweet kiss on her lips, feeling a sense of calm rush over him as he held the woman he loved. Pulling away, Ophelia wiped the smudge of her red lipstick off Todd's  upper lip with a small smile, then adjusted his tie while looking into his eyes. "I love you, Mr. Anderson," she whispered, feeling her cheeks flush as his eyes brightened at the words. "I love you more, Miss. Williams." Mr. McAlister walked down the steps from the headmasters office, smiling slightly when he saw the two young lovers. "Ready to go, you two?" he questioned while walking to the doors. "Ready to go, sir," Ophelia said, grasping Todd's hand as they followed the man out of the school.

Ophelia wasn't surprised to be greeted with a rather large house, much like her own. The Anderson's were a lot like her own family, their fathers being in high positions while their mothers were traditional housewives. Todd, with his arm around her waist, gave her one final squeeze as his thumb glided over the soft material on her hip. A few moments after he knocked, they were greeted by a young looking man, much younger than what Ophelia remembered Mr. Anderson to look. "Jeffrey. I didn't know you were home," Todd said while reaching out to shake his brothers hand. "Well, when I heard my little brother was bringing home a girl, I had to see it." Ophelia began to shift uncomfortably under his fiery gaze, Todd's arm tightened around her protectively, sensing her discomfort. "I didn't expect her to be gorgeous though," he further commented, Todd clenching his jaw in annoyance. "I'm Jeffrey, the good looking brother," he introduced himself, "How much did he pay you?" Ophelia looked at him shocked, not expecting him to say such a thing. "Jeffrey would you-"
"He didn't have to pay me anything. I'm here because I'm in a relationship with your brother. You know? The good looking one?"
Before Jeffrey got the chance to answer, Mrs. Anderson rushed to the door saying, "Dear, what's taking so long? Oh, aren't you gorgeous, Ophelia." Ophelia and Todd smiled up at his mother, relieved that the previous conversation was cut short. "Thank you, Mrs. Anderson, but I would be happier if I was as stunning as you," she complimented, her training from her mother shining through brightly as her pearly whites came on display with a dashing smile. As Mrs. Anderson ushered them in, Todd leaned over and whispered in Ophelia's ear, "Are you trying to impress her?" She smirked slightly, whispering back, "I want my future mother-in-law to approve of me." She winked at him, watching as his mouth hung open and a blush dusted his cheeks. "Come on, sweetheart. We don't want your mom to wait long."

She smiled at Todd as he took her hand, leading her through the hall and into a grand dining room. Ophelia's smile was quick to fade, however, when Todd stopped dead in his tracks, his grip becoming painfully tight on her hand. Ophelia's smile faded as she looked up to find her mother and father sitting at the table. "Ophelia, sweetheart. It's lovely to see you."