CHAPTER 4

A/N: Chris Bailey played by Theo James

December 2015

New York City

Aurelies POV

This most definitely had to be the weirdest New Years of my life. A few hours ago I was dancing not so innocently with Timmy, and now there's nobody I hate more on the planet than that man himself.

Harry and Timothée had fought, and Harry beat the shit out of him. I would've been extremely happy if it weren't for the paps that videoed the whole thing unfolding, spreading the events to tabloids within a matter of seconds. I was helping Harry clean himself up in the bathrooms when his very unhappy manager called, telling him that he needed to leave now or else there would be serious repercussions. Not that there wasn't already.

I didn't want to leave him alone after all he had just been through, so I did what any insane person would do.

I went with him.

Abuse from paparazzi and fans was worse than ever as we left hand in hand, trying to protect each other, with many speculating about our relationship. I knew the second that we left that club that we would be under more public scrutiny than ever, though I didn't care. I just wanted to comfort and protect him in any way possible. This was all my fault, and I don't think I've ever felt so shit.

11:17pm

I sit in Harry's luxury apartment, cradling a hot cup of coffee in my hands as I observe the New York skyline. Faint cheers from below are made more apparent as I move over to the window, budging the curtains slightly so that I can peek out of them and get a view of the street. Cameras litter the streets, all pointing up to the very window I just exposed myself through. My manager was not going to be happy about that. Fuck him. Fuck everyone.

Except Harry. He's been very nice to me tonight. 

I sigh and fall back onto Harry's soft mattress, still dressed in my party outfit. He offered me a change of clothes when I got in- a pair of his own sweatpants and a t-shirt. It would be rude of me not to accept his offer, surely.

"Hey Harry, where should I get changed?" I ask him, as he lies face down on his pillow. He groans out that I should use the bathroom down the hall, so I make my way through his apartment, being careful not to slip on the smooth marble floors in my drunken state.

I've definitely sobered up a fair amount after the whole fight situation, though my vision is still a bit blurry. Harry's apartment is just so empty, there's no signs of life. No picture frames, no plants, no personality. Everything just so, grey.

I quickly slip into the clothes that Harry had gifted me, assuming that there's no point in me even trying to escape through the crowds. They could get bored and leave during the night, or they could end up staying until we choose to leave.