Could It Be

"No, no, I'm not going to even think about that." Stiles said rushing over to the jeep.

I watched him hop in and motion to the passenger seat. I rolled my eyes not getting inside the car.

"Alright I tried." Stiles said starting up the jeep and backing out.

I laughed and ran over to it opening the side door and jumping in, "What happened to no one gets left behind huh?"

"Oh that stupid saying?" Stiles puffed, "That doesn't apply to girls who attract demons."

"So you're saying this could actually be a possibility of what is happening?" I asked with some surprise in my voice.

"I'm saying..." Stiles looked at me, "I don't know what I'm saying, I just really want things to be easy for one minute."

"Well your minute is up." I responded, "This is happening... again."

Stiles looked back at me as if to say, see why I didn't want it to be true.

"Shoot it's happening again, what are we going to tell Scott? What is he after this time?"

"Ok, ok calm down. We first need to find Scott, he isn't answering his phone." Stiles was about to pull out his phone when I smacked his hand, making him drop the phone.

"OW! What was that for?"

"Eyes on the road buddy." I motioned towards the road and took out my phone. "I'll try to get to Scott."

"That's weird." I said to myself.

"What? What is it? Oh gosh y/n just tell me." Stiles said impatiently.

"Geez, I got a text from a strange number it says,

                                           It's Scott, I lost my phone so I had to contact you on someone else's. I'm at the school, meet me here something is up."

"Well looks like we are going to school." Stiles said changing courses to head for the school.

"Maybe Scott will want to talk about it..." I trailed off mostly to myself.

"Excuse me?" Stiles said pursing his lips and narrowing his eyes on the road. "If Scott wants to talk about it, talk about it with Scott. I'm fine where I am in my emotional state." Stiles said pointing at me as if jokingly accusing me.

I laughed a little, "Just saying, talking helps"

"Ok you know what," Stiles started giving me a playing grin, he reached his hand out and turned up the radio. "I can't even hear YOU RIGHT NOW!" His voice got louder as the music did.

And what was to come on the radio but Funkytown by Pseudo Echo. The chorus rang loud in the car.

Well, I talk about it

Talk about it

Talk about it

Talk about it

Talk about

Talk about

Talk about movin'

I looked towards Stiles his eyes wide on the radio not expecting that, he reached down and turn the nob all the way down.

"Well now we sit in silence."

"I think it was a sign Stiles." I laughed as he hit my arm playfully pulling into the school parking lot.

By the time we reached school it was at least nine and the school, like the outside world was dark. The only thing that caught our eye was one of the main entry doors was propped open and a small sliver of light crept out.

Stiles looked at me and shrugged as if to say, it was probably Scott. 

"Maybe I should call him just so he knows we are here." I said climbing out of the car and pulling out my phone at the same time.

"Good idea." Stiles mentioned as we made our way up to the opening. I rang up Scott and let the phone ring.

"Wait... Do you hear that?" Stiles was peaking his head inside the building and I scooted closer to hear a faint ringing down the hallway. There was no question between us that that was Scott's phone.

"Why isn't he picking up?" I asked as the last ring played and it went to his voicemail. I hung up and walked inside, "Scott!"

"Scott! Are you here?"

Me and Stiles got no answer in return. We didn't need a mind reader to know that we were already thinking the worse.

"Scott?" Stiles's said, his voice fading as we still were returned with silence.

"Spilt up?"

"Never." Stiles scoffed.

"Ok good."

We wondered down the hall and immediately came to a screeching halt when we heard rustling from up head. The hallway was too dark to see what was the source of the strange rustling.

A dark figure rushed out of the shadows and ran into another twist of hallway. I jumped back startled landing in Stiles's arm. I hoped the shadows were dark enough that he wouldn't see me blushing.

Stiles helped me to my feet and looked back towards the direction the dark shadow figure was last.

"I was hoping you would make it." A voice said from behind us as Stiles and I flung around shocked.

"Well mostly you." Void said emerging from the shadows holding out a hand towards me.

"How are you still alive?" Stiles said shocked and mostly confused.

"Where is Scott?" I questioned almost in unison.

"I can answer both those questions, in time. Although I feel as if y/n already knows the answer to one." Stiles and Void were both looking at me now.

But I had no clue what Void was talking about as I stared blankly back at him.

"You've known for some time now that I have been alive, haven't you y/n?" Void shot me a toothy smile and drew closer, "I thought you were connected to me." He reached out a hand to touch my cheek.

"And now I know for sure, we were meant for each other!"