Chapter 24

Eyeless Jack POV
After disposing of parts in the woods, I head back to the cabin, but as I draw closer and closer, I could hear angry yelling coming from inside. Instantly I knew who the voice was, it was Jeff. Being the constant angry one of the group, it's easy to tell when it's him shouting. But his words didn't seem to be a fight with another one of us, so just to prepare, I grab a needle from my pocket and fill it with a black liquid. Lethal towards humans, but to monsters such as myself and others here? It'll knock them out instantly. I always carry a small jar full on me, as you never know when it might come in handy.
What is going on in there..?

Slowly opening the door to not make any noise, I see Jeff stabbing a knife through LJs hand, both very angry with one another. Toby stood watching, but he wasn't watching LJ or a Jeff, he seems to be staring at someone else. Someone I can't see. Until I look down at LJs feet, two smaller feet stand between them..
That fucker..!
Quietly sneaking up behind LJ, I give Jeff a nod as to what I was going to do, showing him the needle. Toby not taking his eyes off of the girl.

"You know I'm stronger than you Jeff"
LJ grunts.

"But not stronger than him"
Jeff smirks, which I take my chance and jab the needle into LJs neck, releasing the liquid. His body tensed before going limp, falling to the floor. The girl spins around and stares up at me. Her jaw drops as she takes a couple steps back.

"Where do you think you're going?
I growl in a low deep voice, she goes to speak but nothing comes out, I could practically hear her heart racing as she begins to gasp for air her breathing raspy, soon becoming hyperventilating.

"Oh shit yeah she's asthmatic! PHAHAHAH! First I've seen it since the party."
Jeff bursts out laughing, crouching down and yanking his knife out of LJs hand as he does so. Bloody splattering up over the girl, causing her to hyperventilate more.

"Shes asthmatic and this is the first time she's shown it since being here?"
After what she's gone through, surely she would have had an attack sooner.

It wasn't long before she passes out, practically falling into Toby's arms. To which he catches her, causing Jeff to give him an angry look.

"W-Wh-What?!"

"Toby, Jeff. Take them both to the basement. I'll return later with reinforcements. Oh and don't let her die, so I suggest you find an asthma pump."
I order before heading back out into the forest.

~**~

Readers POV
I wake up in a dark dull room, the floor ice cold even through my clothes. I try to stand up but just end up banging my head and falling back down.

"Ouch.. what the-"
As my eyes start to adjust to the dimness of the room, I notice what I hit my head on, quickly looking around me, I notice the same thing surrounding me. Thick metal bars surround me. A metal plate beneath me and more bars above me. I was in a cage. No room to move about and only tall enough to kneel.

"HELP!!! HELLO?! LJ??!!"
I scream as loud as I could. Instantly I hear the door being unlocked. I gulp in fear as it opens. The one I think was called Toby enters.
"YOU! You're here! Please help me! You're not like the others, I can see it! Please!"
I beg as I reach my arm out to him through the bars. He chuckles and shuts the door, walking over to me as he twitches.

"W-wh-what did you s-a-say?"
He asks, standing an inch away from my reaching hand.
Can't he come any closer..

"I can see that you're not like the others! You're kinder! Please! Help me get-"
I was interrupted by Toby's laugh as he pulls out a knife from his pocket. I instantly try to pull my arm back in but he manages to grab it with his free hand.
"LET ME GO!"
I cry, I didn't want any more torture or wounds on my body. I can't bare it. However, he didn't try and cut me, instead, he forces me to hold the knife, holding it in my hand.

"N-Not like th-the others huh?"
He tics, giggling with a creepy tone as he uses his teeth to pull up the sleeve on his arm.
"WELL THEN WHAT DO YOU CALL THIS!"
He yells in a sadistic tone with no stutter whatsoever, as he forces my hand to cut deeply into his arm. I scream in terror and pull away, slipping from his grip and slamming at the back of the cage, watching as he laughs hysterically, not seeming to feel any pain from the deep wound on his arm.
HES CRAZY!!

Tears stream down my faces as I hold myself, watching as he leaves the room. But as soon as he leaves, the dark grey elf guy appears suddenly, causing me to shriek and hold myself more into a smaller ball.

"Woah woah! Scaredy-cat. It's me Link remember? I sure remember you"
He winks, coming to the cage and crouching down, grabbing the bars in his hand.

"What... what are you going to do to me.."
I cry as my eyes stare into his. But he just gives me a confused expression before laughing.

"Me? I'm not gonna do anything. Don't wanna piss off EJ. Though I do have some advice for you."
He smiles, pointing to his head, tapping his temple.
"I don't know what's going on between you and LJ. Whether he loves you or you love him or hate him or whatever the fuck you think is happening. But I must warn you. As much as he seems to be protecting you. Never trust one of us... A few of us over the years have fallen in love with our targets... EJ with his shapeshifter.. Toby with a mind reader or some crap, BEN with a school girl and Jeff with his, well,, witch? Anyway. They may have seemed to fallen in love and got their happy endings. But, once a killer, always a killer. Somewhere down the line, things go bad and they return back home here, without their girl.."
I was shocked, I didn't know how to process what I had been told... these killers, a few of them have fallen in love with their targets before and still ended up killing them?..
"So, my advice? Don't fall in love with that."
He says as he turns around and points in the corner. To which I see LJ slumped against the wall. A chain attached to both his feet contracting to the floor.

I gasp when I see LJ but then instantly remember what Link had said. It didn't feel like I had fallen in love with LJ. I definitely hate him... but did he love me?
I go to look back at link but he had already disappeared.