23|| Olive Green And Lavender

Note : Hello there. Well this update is a THANK YOU update, written under forty five minutes with no proof read, so please excuse my typos.

This story is Number 1 in the #MishBir tag, and that's possible only because of you - my dear readers. Thank you so much for loving the story and the way I saw these characters.

This update has a slight insight to Mishti's life in London, and an answer to why she is being so rational with Abir. Therapy changes life for better - and I really, really wanted to make Mishti see she was a gem - with or without anyone in her life. Anyway, Happy reading!

Mishti giggled at her laptop screen, watching her favorite human in the world crawl all over the desk and annoy the hell out of her father.

"Simi", Abhay fake scolded his eight month old daughter, picking her up from the desk onto his lap, but the baby paid no heed to her father's mock anger and made herself comfortable playing with his locket instead.

"Aww, she is getting cuter by the day!", Mishti exclaimed, and little Simi turned her head to the screen at her voice, extending her hands at Mishti wanting to touch her. The adorable gesture made both Abhay and Mishti smile.

"I am sorry Simi, I wish I was there to shower my favorite person in the world with kisses", Mishti pouted, making Abhay shake his head at her, but another head popped in the screen, glaring at Mishti.

"I thought I was your favorite person", the voice spoke and Mishti began chuckling out loud.

"You are Jo, but Simi is a tough competition and I think she might be just wining the race", Mishti answered playfully, making Jo, short for Josephine giggle.

"I think you called to talk to me", Abhay whined, and that made Jo roll her eyes, before she picked up Simi in her lap.

"Mish, someone is J", Jo winked at the screen, annoying her husband a little more, "I think he has forgotten he isn't your therapist anymore, and hence you are my friend before being his", she laughed, "Either way it's time to put this little monster to bed, I will be back in a while, until then give him the attention he is so J for".

Mishti burst out laughing more at Jo, she really was one of her kind. Abhay shook his head again at his wife's retreating figure.

"You read my messages?", Mishti asked, catching his attention and he smiled, nodding.

"I did, and I am so proud of you Mish", Abhay's words were so soft and full of admiration. They always had such a positive and calming effect on Mishti, it was one of the reasons she still was in touch with him, and his family, even after their professional relationship of a doctor and a patient had ended. Now, she was kind of family to Abhay and Jo.

"But do you think I should have been more careful? I mean I am not sure how Abir reacted to all of it. He didn't really say anything today", Mishti played with one of her free tendrils and turned sombre.

"What were you expecting him to say?", Abhay asked instead, making her look up, but she shrugged, not really having an answer.

"I don't know, I asked him why did he do that to me? How could he? But he didn't exactly answer me", Mishti complained, making Abhay laugh.

"You know the answer, what was he supposed to tell you new or different? Also maybe he will, it was too much too soon for him, for your family, for others. Only me, you and Nish had enough time together to process the thing, right? Everyone else is just knowing the consequences, after the storm had already passed", Abhay smiled, "Do you know he loves you?"