Chapter 12

Breaking News!

pH-1 of H1ghr Music is reportedly having a baby with mystery girlfriend. Who could she be? What does she look like? All these questions and not enough answers... But don't you worry, we'll have the answers for you soon enough.

My phone rang almost immediately.

"Hello?" I answered without checking.

"Did you know?" Jay questioned.

"Damn I don't get a hi back?" I chuckled.

"I'm not joking Grace, did you know?" His tone was stern as if he was scolding a child.

"And if I did, what difference would it make?" I snapped back. "But to answer your question, I found out earlier when I went to her for our lesson plan meeting."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He sighed through the phone.

"Are you... an idiot?" I was so confused. Why would I have told him that?

"C'mon Grace. You're supposed to be my partner, my other half. I have a business to run, you should've told me if you already knew."

"Jay, before you piss me off, I'ma get off this phone," I replied, irritated. "And for the record, it wasn't my place to tell you anything. Soo's my friend but that's her business. Why would I have told you when she hadn't even told the father. You're wylin' Jay, forreal. And if there's anybody to be upset with, it's pH for not telling you before he made that post. Call me tomorrow once you gotten some sense." I hung up the phone and tossed it onto my bed. How dare he use that line on me. Of course I'm your partner but does that mean disclosing information that's not mine? I mean had she told Mr. PHB already, maybe I'd've called him. But I'm not in the business of spilling secrets.

I groaned loudly and made my way to my bed.

He's an idiot for letting me go to bed angry. He'll pay for it later.

I put my phone on the charger and got underneath my covers, prepared for the fitful sleep awaiting me.

O_O

I wasn't particularly hungry when I got ready for work in the morning but seeing as it's the most important meal of the day, I still thought I should hurry out the house to grab something. I still sort of had an attitude with Jay but I knew it'd go away once he apologized.

"Why'd he have to be such an idiot," I sighed. I grabbed my briefcase and my sweater and opened my door.

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo," the man at the door said.

I returned his greeting and he asked me to sign something.

"But I didn't order anything," I told him as I signed.

"Delivery for Grace?" He replied.

"Yes I'm Grace but I-" he ignored my protests and handed me a basket. He gave me a quick bye and left, leaving me in my doorway with a random basket in my hands. I walked over to my desk and put it down.

It looks like an edible arrangement of some sort.

I look around the fruits and found a note on the stick in the middle of the basket.

You were right, Princess. I'm sorry for questioning you like that, it was wrong of me... forgive me? -Namchingu

"Ughhhh he makes it hard to stay mad at him." I tried so hard not to smile but to no avail. He made sure the basket had all the fruits that I like, even down to my favorite kind of apple. I took a couple slices before leaving for work, happier than I had woken up.