40 New Gestures

Part 40 New Gestures

Khushi was hiding under the quilt. She had no guts to see Arnav. Even though she was covering herself with a quilt she closed her face with her palms. She was nervous like never before. Her body shivered when she thought about the incident. her heart was beating like a drum.

Arnav's condition was also not less than Khushi's. Both were almost in the same state. She tied a friendship band just a few days ago. Though he didn't accept her as his friend she might have. The feelings in his mind will never let him think in the way she thought. Things happening between them would never let him think of her as his friend anymore. For the first time, Arnav felt something weird in his heart as well as in his body.

Slowly turning his face, he looked at Khushi. He saw the movements inside the quilt. He knew she was hiding from him. He turned his face to the laptop screen immediately when he saw Khushi making a small hole, rolling the corner of the quilt, and looking at him through one eye. He faced a hard time not smiling, seeing her antic. He turned towards the pool and smiled closing his eyes.

Khushi again closed herself when Arnav stood from the recliner. He left the room, giving her space. He decided to get back to the room after she slept. But Khushi was not in the state to sleep.

Khushi got off the bed and came to the kitchen. Ratna saw her and was shocked.

*Why did you come downstairs?* she asked in a strict tone.

*I just....*

Stopping her,

*Where is Chotte? How did he let you come out of the room?* her voice sounded with disappointment.

*He is not in the room, Amma*

*Whaaaat! Where is he roaming? Why did he take an off today? I asked him to look after you...*

*Amma, I felt to have a coffee. Can I get it?* She asked to stop Ratna from blabbering.

Ratna sighed.

*You could have asked me through the phone...* Ranav sighed.

She boiled the milk.

*Hariprakash...* she called HP who was filling water in a jug from the water purifier.

*Jee, Maji...*

*Bring a chair for Khushi*

*Jee...*

HP came with a chair in a few seconds.

Khushi sat on the chair hesitatingly. Ratna prepared coffee for both of them and poured it into the cups. She extended it to Khushi. Taking it from Ratna, Khushi sipped it whereas Ratna had it, leaning on the kitchen slab.

*Amma... did you see me only on the bed...?*

*Haan, beta... I was shocked seeing you without a moment... Thank god, Chotte saw you slipping down when you came out of the washroom... what would have happened if you slipped down inside the washroom? Thank God... it didn't happen...* Ratna said with relief.

Khushi gulped down uncomfortably. Ratna frowned, noticing it. Khushi was wearing a nightgown when she saw her in bed. Usually, Khushi won't prefer nightgown in the daytime. Ratna never had seen her in a nightdress. Ratna was right. Khushi didn't like to wear nightgowns but tops with pants. Ratna became thoughtful. Somewhat, she guessed it right.

At that time, they saw Arnav rushing into the kitchen searching for Khushi. He sighed in relief, seeing Khushi with Ratna. Khushi turned her gaze from Arnav unusually and Ratna noticed it. Ratna's doubt strengthened.

*Where were you, Chotte? Is this how you look after your wife? See, how tired she looks...*

*I'm alright Amma...* Khushi said.