Who Would've Guessed

He states at me. Is he questioning if she should let me? Or how to kick me out?

"Fine, but you're taking the couch," he answers. I wasn't aware of the small couch in the corner of the room, and really wouldn't mind sleeping there. Beats staying up all night to Sarah's snoring.

"Fine, but don't feel to bad and decide to switch spots with me in the middle of the night," I jokingly inform him. He gives me a crooked smile.

"Right, because that's something I would do," he jokes.  He pushes me over, and I move to the couch, almost directly beside his bed. Trying my best to get situated and comfortable with the single blanket I have been given; he throws me a pillow and another blanket. He doesn't even notice the gesture. But I do.

2:18 am

It's been almost 20 minutes and I can't fall back asleep. Too much is running through my mind. Rafe is also having trouble sleeping but isn't caring too much as he is occupying the night with his phone.

"Psst... Ralph," I whisper. The boy looks up at me, confused and clearly agitated.

"What do you need?" he spits.

I roll over. Back on the couch, staring at the ceiling. "I can't sleep. Talk to me until I get tired?" I ask. We used to talk until one of us fell asleep when we were really little and would share a room on the yacht. But I doubt he remembers that.

His confused look almost makes me want to turn around until I turn my head. "What?" I demand. He doesn't need to be so weird about it. "Stay up and talk with you? Britney we can't stand eachother," he scoffs.

"True but I can't sleep."

"Fine we can talk," he says. "What do you wanna talk about?" he asks me.

"Me and Kelce broke up, I'm pretty sure he cheated on me with some Touron. But it's probably for the best anyways. We weren't a healthy mix," I surprise myself by opening up. Expecting a 'Whatever' or 'Sucks for you' kind of response. But the golden boy surprises me with his next words, "Kelce is an ass anyways, and you could've done better he isn't the best looking guy." My goodness did Rafe Cameron just imply I wasn't hideous. Did someone poison him?

"So what you're saying is I'm not the worst looking person ever. Thank you Ralph I wasn't expecting that," I laugh off.

"And I take it back," he chuckles, clearly joking. 
I smile in response. Maybe Rafe Cameron isn't the worst person. Maybe he is even my friend.

We talk for hours until the clock reads 4:39 am
But the whole time he keeps checking his phone and smiling. Does Kook Prince: Rafe Cameron have a crush?

"Who do you keep smiling at?" I finally question. He's taken back, realizing how obvious he had been. He laughs "Oh, no one important," he lies.

"You are terrible at lying," I tell him. Before he can stop me I reach over and grab his phone.
*4 Notifications from Mackenzie*

"Ooh who's Mackenzie?" I tease. He rolls his eyes and tries to grab the phone back. As he reaches over I attempt to stop him and push his chest but really we just end up awkwardly 2 inches from eachothers face. We stay this way for a minute before laughing it off and sitting down. I hand him his phone in retreating but still question him.

Mackenzie is Kook that moved here just recently from an hour away. She's pretty. He shows me a picture. Conventionally pretty but not mind blowing. Of course this is the kind of girl Rafe likes. Brown hair that falls just below her shoulders. Green eyes, almost piercing me through the screen. She's pale but the picture was taken in February so who knows. He scrolls and shows me another; a bikini picture. Of course. I roll my eyes. But damn. Big boobs. Probably a D. Hmm, mine are bigger but I think in a worse way. DD is a curse at best. Why am I comparing myself to one of Rafe's conquest? Blah. Big butt. Really big butt. Bigger than mine. I need to stop it. Really skinny. Kinda tall. Taller than me. Like a supermodel. Probably 5'8.

"She's okay I guess," I shrug and look away.
He rolls his eyes, clearly seeing through my envy for how she looks. But whatever.

He puts his hand on my knee. What is he doing? He looks at me like he just discovered gravity. "We should date," he tells me.