Pinky Promise?

I squint at the sunlight leaking into the open room. It must be at least noon.

Pissed off that I slept in the first day of vacation I quickly sit up. How did I forget I am supposed to pretend to be with Rafe? This is gonna be a long day. I roll my eyes and suddenly realize how empty the room is. Almost looks like it hasn't been slept it. Who would've guessed Ralph was so clean. Always picked him as something of a slob.

The need to get up and dressed and shower and be clean is more important at the moment that wasting away my first day in paradise.

I pull myself away to the bathroom to shower, when it's in use. My knuckles hit the wood a couple times before Dean responds with an "Occupado." Ugh. My eyes roll and I sit down by the door. Begging to fall back asleep before he gets out. Rafe strolls past me before rewinding his steps and scrunching his eyebrows. "Someone in there?" he asks me. I mouth Dean. Too tired to film words. This is weird, but nice. Me and Rafe are friends. We stayed up talking and talking with crazy ideas. And I am comfortable with now saying he doesn't seem too bad.

He signals that he understands and lightly kicks me as I start to shut my eyes from drowsiness. My body jolts me awake and I give a thankful look before he passes by.

Immediately after him Sarah passes through and sits beside me. She asks if it's Dean in there and tell her it is. We sit there before I tell her we need to have a talk. "What could've happened Britney? We just got here last night," Sarah replies.

"Right? But I will tell you all about it later when we sneak off to the pool tonight," I beam. It's tradition that whenever we go on vacation we go night swimming to talk in private a couple of times. We had discussed our family issues, and our insecurities, our goals and the latest drama all in the water. With nothing but eachother.

Sarah and I weren't just bestfriends because we grew up together, but because we genuinely fit together. In a world where really no one ever understands you exactly we did eachother. It was comforting. Something a lot of people didn't have, or know they needed.

The bathroom door open and Sarah fell back, laughing as her head faced Deans chin. I helped her up and she motioned 'later' before I headed in.

The hot water hit my skin like a breath of fresh air. My shoulders relaxed and my body calmed as I let the water run down my shoulders, and soak my hair. My fingers rubbed into my scalp the shampoo, and then I lathered the ends in my new coconut conditioner and continued to wash my body, and reshave under my arms. Ah, all my products were coconut. A new smell I was trying out from my typical dandruff shampoo, and aloe vera body wash.

After what felt like the most amazing shower I had taken, I quickly stepped out from the shower and proceeded to put on my outfit; A thin, white sweater and jean shorts. Paired with plenty of gold jewelry and matching white sandals.

Hair plastered to my face as I quickly blow dried my long, blonde hair. Once it finally felt dry enough, I spent the time to curl my hair. I grabbed my favorite pink lipgloss and generously applied it, with plenty of mascara and blush. I wiped the steam away from the mirror with my hand, and left the bathroom.

As I entered the rowdy kitchen, I noticed it was no one more than my mom, Ward and Rose. First, I went and hugged Mom and landed a kiss on her forehead. "Where's Jackson?" I ask the room. Really wanting anyone to answer. "Oh he left to get groceries. Will probably be back in an hour. Around 2ish he said," she smiled with her response. Mom always does that when she talks about Jackson.

Really I have no problem with him himself. Just him trying to be my father. When I don't need another I have a great one. Even if he isn't with my but whatever.

Ward and Rose made small talk with me before Rafe came wandering in. We should announce our "relationship" now. But I could tell Rafe was two steps ahead of me. Rafe placed his hand on the small of my back and announced "So we have something to share," he started at everyone before looking down at me. I mean really looking down at me like no one else was in the room.

I thought I felt electricity before I realized how good of an actor he must be. "We are dating," I spit out awkwardly. The room looked at us in shock. "Oh. How lovely," Rose finally said. My mom looked like someone had just told her I was marrying my soulmate or something. She had always wanted me to get with Rafe. "Finally!" my mom squealed before saying something I wish she hadn't, "I always knew you two would get together by the way you talked about each other. Oh I just knew it," her face scrunched up in the biggest smile and she came and gave us both a big hug.

Ward smiled and nodded. "Well of course this is fantastic. We love Britney like family, and I have a good feelings about you two," Ward said warmly. Rafe looked giddy. His dad approved? And could've been proud, even just of a girl?
It didn't matter if it was fake or not he looked like a little kid with happiness. His dad came and gave him a firm handshake and me and Rafe quietly exited the room.

"Nice," I applauded before high-fiving him and texting Sarah to come meet in our room.