24. 𝘈𝘕𝘋 𝘛𝘏𝘌𝘙𝘌 𝘞𝘈𝘚 𝘖𝘕𝘓𝘠 𝘖𝘕𝘌 𝘉𝘌𝘋

THE HEROES, 1 DAY BEFORE THE BALL

The wheels of Bakugou's suitcase dragged through the carpet of the hallways as he walked towards Y/n's room. He knocked, leaning on the doorframe and waiting for her to open it. "Oh hey." She muttered when she saw him. "Are you done?" He asked, a hint of irritation in his voice. "There's still an hour left until our flight to Kagoshima Katsuki, why are you in such a hurry?" She chuckled, walking back into her room and leaving the door open for Bakugou to follow her inside.

"I just want to get this over with. Why'd you fucking pick me to go with you to the ball? I hate balls, they're stupid." He grumbled, grabbing a chair and sitting down. "We have to bring one companion, and you're supposed to be my boyfriend so I'm taking you." "Then who's the nerd bringing?" He asked. "Shoto. He said that he needs as many of us to be there in case of an emergency."

"Tsk. What emergency? There's no way the HRS would find us in a secluded location on the other side of Japan in Kagoshima." "Well, procedure is procedure. Besides it's just one day, you can't keep that many number one heroes in one place for too long." Bakugou fiddled with the mini American flag he found on her desk. "So what I'm getting is that this ball is only for the number ones?"

She shrugged. "Well some bring their friends or lovers who are lower in ranking." He hummed. "Whatever. Are you all packed? I wanna leave." Y/n sighed, slightly shaking her head. "I just need to make sure I've packed everything." She opened the suitcase laying on her bed and paused. Her throat tightened and her teeth were clenched at the sight of a paper lying above her packed clothes, a paper that definitely wasn't there before.

Bring the file to the ball.

M.

This was the first she'd heard of him ever since the letter that she had gotten the day after the library incident. Quickly and quietly, she shut the suitcase and spun around to look at Bakugou. He was still toying around with the little flag, he hadn't noticed her distress in the slightest. Thank god. "I'll be back in a few minutes, I forgot something.." She murmured, leaving him alone in the room.

He raised his eyebrows, staring at her as she shuffled away quickly. "I swear to god..." Bakugou complained. He grabbed her suitcase and elected to wait for her in the car. Y/n on the other hand was rushing to the agency's tech room, quietly cursing her luck for getting caught up in Maneater's threats. But she had already lost Carter, she couldn't afford to lose Benji to him as well.

"M-miss Kinetika, how can I help you?" A young man asked, making the hero pause. Y/n's eyes skimmed over his badge. An intern, fuck yeah. "Hello, If you could please lead me to a vacant computer? Mine isn't working too well and I need to file some work. I'm in a bit of a hurry so it'd be very kind of you to hu-" "I'm on it! Whatever you need ma'am!" He beamed, stumbling off to find her a vacant place to work.

'Did I feel bad for taking advantage of the poor uninformed intern that's eager to help and doesn't ask questions?' She asked herself. "Here you go ma'am.." He smiled nervously, pulling a chair back for her to sit. Y/n had a satisfied smile on her face when she sat down. 'You gotta do what you gotta do I guess...' The intern bowed and shuffled away, leaving the hero to her... work.

'Alright where is it... Number 29830... Aha!' She cheered herself internally, shoving a little USB into the computer to download the file on. The file seemed to be taking forever to download. "Need anymore help madam?" The intern asked from behind her, making her jump. "Wh-wha- no I'm fine thanks.." Y/n breathed. "How long have you been an intern?" He looked around to make sure she was talking to him.

"Uhm, this is my first week. I'm a 3rd year in U.A., we're doing this internship program before we graduate so that we can see how it's like to work in an agency in general, not just hero work. I'm sorry for rambling haha.. I'm just surprised you're talking to me and I think you're really cool so I got carried away.." He mumbled. 'Okay now I kinda feel bad.'