The Family Madrigal [chapter 8]

Though she'd been way ahead of schedule with waking up, she still managed to make it to Casita right as Mirabel was starting to wake up the house. As she was walking up the pathway of the hill, a group of kids rushed past her and sat on a rock. They eagerly waited, asking questions as soon as Mirabel opened the shutters. Y/n couldn't do anything else but watch as Mirabel addressed the kids.

"Hey!" a kid called out, swinging a cup of what seemed to be coffee in his hand. Now why was someone who didn't even reach the three foot mark drinking such a caffeine filled drink? "When's the magic gift happen?"

Mirabel shook her head at the confusing grammar of the kid, "My cousin's ceremony is tonight."

"What's his gift?"

"We're gonna find out!" Mirabel explained.

The kids weren't done just yet, "What's your gift?"

Mirabel rose her brows and gave a skeptical look as she finished setting up the dining table with plates, "Who's asking?" She'd made sure to put an extra plate in case her other triplet decided to stay for any meals.

"Us!" they all chorused.

"Well..." Mirabel stopped to look out the window for a moment, "us I can't just talk about myself. I'm only part of the amazing Madrigals."

This just caused another question to sprout within one of the children, "Who's all the amazing Madrigals?"

"Oh, you're not gonna leave me alone, are you?" Mirabel sighed. "Casita, help me out!" She placed an extra few utensils away, "Drawers!" Mirabel stood in the center of the house and stomped on the tiles, "Floors!" She moved to the upstairs and knocked on Camilo's and Dolores's doors, "Doors!"

"Let's go!"

"This is our home, we've got every generation. So full of music; a rhythm of its own design," Mirabel sang as she got the rest of her family up and going. "This is my family; a perfect constellation. So many stars, and everybody gets to shine."

"Woah!"

"But let's be clear, Abuela runs this show," Mirabel gave her grandmother an entrance as she stepped out of her room.

"Woah!"

Mirabel did a lil dancy dancy, "She led us here so many years ago."

"Woah!"

"And every year our family blessings grow."

"There's just a lot you gotta simply know, so welcome to the family Madrigal. The home of the family Madrigal," Casita opened its doors as the family started to make their way to the front door. Camilo made sure to grab a pastry his aunt made from the kitchen before he started to leave the house. "We're on our way where all the people are fantastical and magical. I'm part of the family Madrigal!"

"Oh my gosh, it's them!" a kid pointed at the family as they started filing out of the house in two neat lines.

When y/n saw her boy, she stopped paying attention to what Mirabel was explaining to the kids. She already knew everything about everyone in the Madrigal family. She might not have had their last name, but she sure as hell was considered a Madrigal.

Camilo's eyes lit up when he spotted her walking over to him, "My accomplice! How's it going?"

"For the day to have just begun, not very good," she answered honestly. She ran a hand over her hair, smoothing it down even though it had already been brushed into two braids. "I woke up four hours before I was supposed to, I burnt three pieces of toast trying to make myself something quick before I came over, and when I was counting my steps from my house to the Ramirez's, I only had thirty-five steps instead of forty-five."