CH 13

Camilla's POV

It's been two weeks now since that night when I told Mason to stop taking control. He has been a good wolf respecting what I requested. That also means, it had been awhile since I've seen Matteo. In the morning, I'd smell him in the hallway and it fades as he leaves to do his duty; and late at night, I'd hear him come back and shut his door. Carla had been whining nonstop, telling me to go see Matteo.

It's finally night time and I'm all dressed and ready for bed when I hear Matteo coming back from his work. I hurriedly go for the door and leave my room. As Matteo is about to shut his door, I held onto it and slide my foot in between the door and its frame.

Matteo opens his door wide and sees me. He narrows his eyes and crosses his arms.

"What do you want?" He asks

"Can we talk?"

"We don't have anything to talk about."

"Exactly, we're mates, we met a month ago and we're still acting like we're strangers."

He raises his eyebrow at me.

"You? My mate?" He scoffs, "How many times do I have to tell you? You're not my mate. You may have Mason and everyone else fooled but you can't fool me."

My heart breaks a little as Carla whimpers.

"What makes you so sure that I'm not your mate? Do you honestly not want me in your life?" I ask, my voice cracking at the end

Matteo scoffs. "Great acting. You should be an actress."

It felt like a knife stabbed me in the chest. Instead of feeling hurt and sad, I glare at him. I step into his room and stop when we're chest to chest. I look up at him.

"I'm sick of you always denying me. I'm so sick of it all." I say

"Then I'd be glad if you leave me and my pack." He says harshly

I scoff. "You listen to me, I am your mate and I will show you that it's true. If you still don't believe me even after everything I've tried, then you'll leave me no choice but to reject you so that I'll at least live in peace and maybe meet a second chance, who would actually notice me and love me."

Matteo growls. His eyes shifting from his normal blue-green to red. Mason's angry, no doubt because of what I said.

"Calm your wolf, Hart." I say and with that, I leave his room and shut my door behind me.

Matteo's POV

"You listen to me, I am your mate and I will show you that it's true. If you still don't believe me even after everything I've tried, then you'll leave me no choice but to reject you so that I'll at least live in peace and maybe meet a second chance, who would actually notice me and love me." Camilla says

Something in me snap and I let out a growl. It didn't help that Mason was also angry and wanted to take over.

"What did I tell you?!" Mason growls

"I keep telling you she's our mate. But no, you didn't want to believe me." Mason reprimands me

"Let me take over! I am not letting her out of my sight!" Mason growls once more

"Calm your wolf, Hart." Camilla says

She leaves my room and suddenly, all I feel was the cold air in my room.

Was my room always this cold?

Mason retreats to the back of my mind and blocks our connection. I flop down my bed and lie down.

What's going on? Why do I suddenly feel cold after she left? And I growled? Was I really upset over what she said? She can't be my mate.. right?

I sigh. I rub my face and stand back up to get ready for bed.

The next morning, I wake up before the sun rise. I get ready for the day and head out of my room. My eyes land on Camilla's door, my heightened hearing sense tells me Camilla's still sleeping, her light snores and slow breathing are heard. My mind then wanders to the thought of how angelic and peaceful she would look while sleeping, how we would fit like puzzle pieces when we cuddle in bed, how it'd feel right when we hold hands and she'd smile warmly at me after a tough day.

My eyes widen at what I just realized.

"Did I just.. day dreamed about Camilla and I?" I thought to myself

That never happened before with Jess. With Jess, it just felt like she was a part of me that made me whole. Jess never made me feel and think like this.

What's going on?

"That, my dear human, is the effect of the mate bond. The real mate bond effect. You never felt that way with Jess because she wasn't your real mate and it was the magic that made you believe you were." Mason says in my mind

".. When did you find out it was real?"

"After we left her behind, we were not ourselves for weeks."

"I remember." I sigh

Before I could converse more with my wolf, a voice brought me back to reality. I look to my right and see Levi and Kyle looking me with concern.

"What?"

"Are you okay? You spaced out for a long time." Levi says

I clear my throat and nod as I try my best to stay cool, like I wasn't just thinking about Camilla and I.

Kyle smirks and slings an arm around Levi.

"Lev, he's totally fine. He's perfect." He smirks

"What do you mean?" Levi asks, confused

"He's been standing there spacing out because he's day dreaming about a certain someone." He says, wiggling his eyebrows at me

"I was not day dreaming. I was talking to Mason." I say then leave

Levi and Kyle follow right behind me.

"Suuuree you are." Kyle teases some more as Levi chuckles.

I sigh and mentally face palm.

This is going to be a long day.

~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~

Seems like Matteo is finally realizing that Camilla is his real mate! But what does Camilla have in her sleeve to prove their true connection?

Leave a vote and a comment if you liked this chapter!