Moving

Y/n pov

"Everyone! You'll never belive what has just happened!" Abuela said calling everyone to come to her. "What is it Mama?" Papa asked.

"I was at the store when I bumped into this lady. I apologized then we began talking, we introduced ourselves and she said her name was Alma. Turns out she's the same Alma who was my best friend before I fled over here. We reconnected and she told me that she lives in a hidden village called Encanto. There her family uses their gift to help the community. I told her how our family also got gifts but none of the other families that came with us got gifts, and we've had to hide it. So, you guys should come with me to Encanto! Alma offered and I said I was going. In a week she'll meet me at the store and take me there. So, come on."

We all stayed quite for a bit, taking in everything she had just said.

"Mama," my Papa said, "I'm afraid I can't. I have work."

"But over there you won't need to have work." Abuela told him.

"I also won't go." my sister Maria said, "I just got married and I have a job as a teacher, I'd prefer to stay. Also it's not like I have any powers that I struggle to keep hidden."

"I'll go." I said. "If it's alright with Mama and Papa?" I said looking at them.

They looked at each other then nodded, "Alright y/n," Mama said, "You can go. Keep an eye on your Abuela, alright?"

I nodded and smiled. I wouldn't have to hide my powers anymore.

-Time skip

George, my brother in law, helped me put my luggage in the car. We all climbed in and went to meet up with Alma. When we got there we saw 7 people standing. Abuela ran over to the eldest lady.

"Hello." the lady said, "I'm Alma. This is my daughter Julieta, her husband Augustin, and her children Isabela, Luisa, and Mirabel. And this little one is my other daughter's son, Antonio. The others are at home preparing everything."

I nodded and shook her hand. I noticed that the girl, Mirabel, seemed to look around my age.

"Thank you for taking us in Alma, this is my son, Jose, his wife Alex, my granddaughter, Maria, her husband George, and my grandson Y/n. Unfortunately only Y/n will be coming with me, the others want to stay here for their jobs."

"Well, it's unfortunate you won't get to see our home, maybe someday you can visit." Julieta said.

"Of course." Mama said.

"So, where's the car that you guys are going to take?" George asked.

"Oh! We don't have cars over there, we'll be walking." Agustin said.

"But what about the luggage?" Papa asked.

"It'll handle it." Luisa said picking up all 6 bags with ease.

"Wow." I said.

We said our goodbyes to my family and made our way into the forest.

"So, y/n," Mirabel said, "What gifts do you and your family have?"

"Oh, well I have fire. I can make, well, fire and heat. My sister didn't get a gift, and my dad has super speed. What about your family?"

"My mom, Julieta can heal people with the food she makes. My tio Bruno can see the future. My tia Pepa controls the weather based on her emotions. My sister Isabela can make plants grow. Luisa has super strength. I didn't get a power, kinda like your sister didn't. My cousins, tia Pepa's kids, are Dolores who has super hearing, Camilo who can shape shift, and Antonio who can communicate with animals."