Casual flirting

2 months after last chapter.

Y/n pov

"Camilo! Get back here!" I yelled, chasing him around. For someone so short, he sure is fast.

"You know what you need to do." He said as he held my portion of the arepas we stole from the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and gave in. Despite living in Encanto for two months, I still wasn't used to using my powers.

Anyway, he'd get what he asked for. Smirking, I used my fire to propel myself forward. I watched him turn around, proud to have gotten me to use my power only for it to turn to panic as I crashed into him.

"Got you." I said, looking at him. He didn't move for a second, looking at my eyes.

"Oh!"he said, sitting up. I moved off of him, and sat next to him on the grass.

"The areas are safe!" He said, handing me my portion of arepas.

"Why do you try to keep getting me to use my gift?"

"Because, it's hot." He said.

I looked at him confused. Of course it's hot. It's fire.

"You really are a chameleon." I said, chuckling.

We had grown inseparable these past 2 months. I had settled down and already established a routine. I eat breakfast, then go over to the Casita from my super cool new house. I spend part of my morning talking with Camilo as he plays with the kids then I go and hang out with Mirabel for most of the morning, we have also grown close. I eat lunch at home, then from lunch till dinner time I spend it with Camilo or Camilo and Mirabel. We take a break for dinner then continue afterwards till we go to bed. It was a great system, and currently me and Camilo were playing.

"Why do you keep saying that?" He asked me.

"Well, let's see. You get cold easily. You like warmth, especially mine and the sun's. You shapeshift. You have chameleons on your rauna. So, you're a chameleon."

"Alright. You make a point, but I am the coolest, cutest, beautifulest, handsomest, and awsomest chameleon in the world."

"Yeah, yeah, I've never seen a chameleon as cool, cute, beautiful, handsome, or as awesome as you."

"Gasp! Y/n! Did you not only call me cool and awesome, but also beautiful and handsome? And you think I'm cute? Wow. Sounds like you got a crush on me or something." Camilo joked.

"Come on, Camilo! You know he didn't mean it like that!" A voice said before I could respond to Camilo, going deeper into the joke.

"Hey Mirabel." I said, greeting her.

"Hi Y/n!" Mirabel said, her face slightly flustered. I am pretty sure she has a crush on me, but that is an awkwardness I am willing to avoid.

"We were just joking Mirabel. It's not like I'm stealing your boyfriend. Not that you have a boyfriend for me to steal anyway." Camilo said shifting into her.

"Do you relize what you just said?" Mirabel said, raising an eyebrow at Camilo.

"I know exactly what I said."

"Anyway, Camilo you're also single. Unless you have a girlfriend that I don't know about?"

"Alright you two, that's enough." I said. They could go on like this for hours.

"Eh. It's not like I want a girlfriend anyway." Camilo said shifting into me.

"Y/n, did you date when you were in your old town?" Mirabel asked me.

"A bit. I mean we kept breaking up because I didn't want to get too close to them. There was Hannah, Alex, and Miriam."

"Wow, you sure dated a lot." Mirabel said.