24

(Chapter 24)Orange

(Chapter 24)
Orange

~*~
Author POV

Yoongi was tired. He had been tirelessly working on their new secret album. He had to complete 15 of the songs on the disk. He was only 5 down with a rapidly approaching deadline.

His head was muddled and his thoughts hard to decipher. He knew there were a range of emotions bubbling up inside and he just couldn't figure out which one to feel the most of.

Anger, jealous, betrayal, heart break, joy.

Anger for their soulmate running and returning like he didn't crush their hearts into pieces.

Jealousy that all the others had time to spend with him, that they could bask in the colours their soulmate had gifted them.

Betrayal that the others didn't feel the same way as him, that they were able to overlook the hardship Jimin had put them through.

Heartbreak for seeing how their soulmate had reacted to seeing them, both times.

Joy for finally finding him and a potential future by his side.

It was all too much. Perhaps he was insecure, that description fit better than any other emotion he felt at the current moment.

He scribbled down some more meaningless words, desperately trying to summon some inspiration. He found none in the empty words.

Vaguely he imagined what it would be like to experience colours that weren't just on Jimin. He pushed back his sleeve to look at the name Park Jimin scrawled across his wrist like a brand. What would the shimmering gold look like? What would he look like in colour?

The monochrome colours of the world were familiar and he was afraid to lose them, would the world no longer contain these colours or where they just part of the colour pallet of the world. He traced his fingers along his grey skin and over himself, familiarising himself with the colours. 

He was going to do it, he was going to experience the colours everyone else saw. He wanted it too, he was to curious not too. Plus Jimin always looked beautiful in colour, so the world should too right?

He picked up his phone, and fired off a text inviting Jimin out for lunch at a cafe near by where he was working, he did it before he lost his momentary burst of confidence. The text was answered soon after, but he still had a few minutes to stew in anxious nerves. 

Jimin had agreed and texted the time he was available to meet him at, a few more messages and they were set, he had 30 minutes till then and it only took 5 minutes from the building he was in hence why he had chosen it. 

He looked down at his blank page of lyrics, he found something in his mind. He wrote of the anxiety of a changing world and how it was scary to overcome but sometimes you just needed to steel yourself and step forward into the unknown. 

It was haphazard and rushed, but that's how his emotions felt in those moments. All over the place, the lyrics were far from perfect and were definitely in need of refining. But he had no time for that, he threw the book and a pencil into his backpack and rushing out the door, he had a date to make.

~*~

The cafe was pleasant and Yoongi was silently patting himself on the back. He ordered a coffee but refrained from ordering food till Jimin arrived. The coffee was placed before him about 5 minutes later, there wasn't very many people inside the cafe so the customer service was quick.

Jimin came rushing in later, a burst of colour that was uniquely him. 

Would the whole world be this bright, this colourful, Yoongi was itching to know, his curiosity insatiable. 

Yoongi pointed to the counter indicating Jimin should order a drink. Jimin did so and made his way over when he was done.

"Hi Yoongi-hyung" his smile was bright and full of joy. Yoongi realised this might be because this was the first time he had actively sought out Jimin's time and by himself not with the others in tow. 

"Jimin, finished a dance lesson?" he said in way of greeting.

"Yeah, just finished, had to run to get here in time." Jimin admitted.

"Next time walk, send me a text. I don't mind waiting as long as you show up" Yoongi instructed, Jimin nodded in understanding, it was nice having Yoongi look out for him.

Soon a cool milkshake was taken to their table, Jimin chugged some of it. Sighing at the cooling feeling, he felt overheated from exercise and rushing to get to the cafe on time.

"Jimin what are colours like?" Yoongi's question caught him off guard.

"Well they are bright at first, overwhelming then they seem to naturally melt into everything. Then you can't imagine the world without them again" Jimin summarised what he had felt receiving the individual colours. 

"Do the colours I see still exist?" Yoongi asked.

Jimin realised in that moment Yoongi was scared of the change, he wanted reassurance that not everything would change in his world.

"The others said they do, I don't know until I have your colour. Somethings are still in monochrome for me" Jimin admitted.

Yoongi nodded looking down at his empty coffee cup. 

"I think I want them, the colours" Yoongi admitted.

"I'm here for whenever you feel the time is right, don't force yourself" Jimin offered kindly as the others had at his nervousness of experiencing colours.

Yoongi reached out a cautious hand, Jimin didn't move his own, letting Yoongi take  it at his own pace. Eventually Yoongi's hand hovered over his own, he flinched a little but then his face took on a determined look. 

There hands connected. Yoongi had his eyes closed, he knew when they opened it would all be different. The warm hand clutched his and it felt grounding and safe. That gave him the confidence to open his eyes. 

Jimin was right, the colours were overwhelming and beautiful and in that moment he forgot his anxiety as he just felt. Jimin blinked away his own tears as he was able to see his final colour orange. They were all finally complete.

~*~

We are over 50K reads I can't believe it. Thank you all so much.

So what do you think will happen next?

Hope you liked the chapter

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter