6. L

A raven haired man sat in a dimly lit room. The only source of light was by his computer screen. That man was L. By now, L already had his suspect. Light Yagami, the son of Soichiro Yagami, who is the Chief of Police.

L also knows that Kira somehow has access to confidential information. Which meant someone with ties to the police is possibly Kira. That is why he had FBI agents investigate close family and friends. But then, they all died. Each and every one of them. Killed by Kira. That made L very suspicious.

Light Yagami is a natural born genius. Someone like Light Yagami fits Kira's character profile perfectly. But something's changed recently.. And that brings us back to the current situation with the raven haired man known as L.

The first conflict between L and Kira happened over the television, the broadcast of Lind L. Tailor. L placed Tailor as a decoy on the television in order to trick Kira. The network stated that the broadcast was worldwide.

After Tailor said that he was "L", he read a declaration stating that Kira is evil. As L planned, Kira acted out and killed him with a heart attack.

When Kira thought he had won, the broadcast of Tailor was cut and L's signature 'L' appeared. Using a voice synthesizer, the real L announced that Lind L. Tailor was a decoy and a criminal on death row. Everything turned out in L's favor in the first round. But now, L feels that something is different. Kira hadn't made his big move yet.

Since last night, the pattern of the killings had shifted slightly. Four criminals died of a heart attack as usual. But the other three were different.

The first one killed one of the other prisoners with a plastic fork then died later from hanging himself with bed sheets. That's two of the three.

The last one died from a police officer shooting him. The police officer then died of a heart attack. It turned out the police officer had a domestic abuse report on his wife hanging over his head.

Just what is Kira trying to do? If this is Kira.. are there two Kira's? Had Kira shared his power with someone else?

The raven haired man sighed and dipped his finger in sugar. There was something he missed. A small detail of some sort. The smallest clue, it was at the tip of his tongue.

~

"L. I have just been notified that two of the criminals you had requested not be made out public have died of heart attacks. That is all."

L stared at the computer screen biting his thumb, "Thank you Watari." L pushed a button that ended the video chat.

How is this possible? I even took the precautions of putting in the fake names. This is what I was missing.. either Kira can kill just by looking at the person's face or there is a second Kira. But first I need more proof.

"Watari, I want you to broadcast three criminals. The first one is to be aired at nine am with a fake name. The second, with the real name at noon and the third with a fake name at six."

~

Nine AM

"L. The first criminal you had me put the false name has died."

Noon

"Watari has this one also died?" L asked into the computer in monotone.

"Yes."

Six

"All three of the criminals died." L spoke out loud to himself.

Then my suspicions have been confirmed, Kira only needs a face to kill..unless it is a second Kira. But when could have the first Kira and the second Kira met? It's only been a short amount of time Kira has started killing. Maybe it was a partnership. But only two people who could be close enough share this power.

Kira, you will not win. What you're doing is not justice. You are a murderer

~

"There are many types of monsters in this world. Monsters who cause trouble without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and then.. monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance. They are much more cunning than others. They pose as humans when though they have no understanding of the human heart, they eat when though they have no intrest in hunger, they study when though they have no interest in academics, they seek friendship when though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten, because in truth, I am that monster." -L Lawliet