30. The Music Stopped

TRAILER I MADE ON THE SIDE IT SUCKS HAHA ITS MY FIRST TIME MAKING ONE

"A whole week and not a single criminal has been murdered.. Ryuzaki, do you think we beat Kira?" Matsuda asked.

It was true, ever since Mikami was caught there hasn't been any other casings.

"It's too early to say," L replied. I could tell he's been depressed about this. I don't think he wants it to end like this. All the master-minding and  hard work we all did, everyone must be expecting a better way to end Kira.

I placed a hand on L's shoulder so he knew I was there for him. He surprised me by removing my hand and interlocking our fingers together.

"Well, in any case it seems pretty pointless to me just sitting around here waiting for something to happen." Izawa said crossing his arm over his chest.

I ran my thumb over his hand as he spoke, "Yes, I understand.. Perhaps it would be best for everyone if we took a short break until anything starts again. I'll be sure to have Watari keep in  touch."

~

"You know, when I said everyone that included you Light."

Light crossed his arms and leaned back into his chair, "No way, if Kii is going to be working here then I should too."

"She isn't working. We're going on a date." L said surprising me. I didn't know that..

Light let out a small gasp and glared at L, "If you're trying to use her-"

"No, I'm not; nor do I have any intention of using Kii. I have pure feelings for her that won't change. Why. you almost sound jealous Light-kun. Are you jealous that I'm the only one who gets Kii?"

Light scoffed and but didn't reply. It was kind of awkward in the room with just the three of us. The only sound was the clicks of us typing in our computers.

"Um.. L.. what happens if the killings do stop; like all together?" I finally asked. I've been holding back this question for quite a while, afraid to know the answer.

L stopped typing i his computer and turned to me, "Then I assume.. I'd go back."

Kii frowned and looked back to her screen though she could feel L's eyes on her. Light secretly listened in to the whole thing, and he couldn't be more happy. With L gone he could make his move on Kii.

~>

The end of the day came slowly, and all that was left was Kii and L. Kii wasn't really doing anything but searching through different prisons around the globe for anything. L did nothing but glance at her from the corner of his eyes every few minutes.

"Kii."

Typed in one more thing before looking at him, "Yeah?"

"Though I can't stay here after this case.. I wouldn't mind you accompanying with me to England."