Chapter 5

The students stood up, some already outside while the others stayed in for a chat as the bell rang for lunch, Venti has once again dragged Carmen out of the room, heading to the cafeteria filled with bustling students

"The cafeteria's as busy as ever. Filled with many people yet still very—clean.." Lumine muttered under her breath as they wait in line.

"Well I mean, this is a prestigious school after all." Aether pointed out as they chose their order.

"Would you like to have yours on a food tray?" Asked Lynn as she grabbed a food tray placing her orders inside.

"I think we'll all take a food tray-" Before the blonde could finish their sentence Venti chimed in saying he'll have his in a plastic bag which left the Lights confused.

"Oh yeah, forgot to tell you guys but I won't be eating lunch with you." He explained as he accepted the two pairs of plastic bag.

"Eh?" "Eh."

"He's going to eat with Xiao, apparently the man invited him to eat lunch together." Carmen explained as the four of them headed to their usual seats.

"Well that's a first. Tell me how it goes Ven." Aether smiled on their seat.

"In the meantime Ganyu would be taking my seat."

"YES, A GANYU!" Lumine exclaimed.

"Your awfully excited to not have me here." He looked at his friend in disbelief. "Well, I'll be going now!~"

"C'ya Venven."

"Tell him I said hi."

"I hope you trip and fall on the way!~"

-------

He peaked his head around the corner. Xiao sat still, eyes closed. The wind brushed through his hair, gently. He smiled at the sight before finally approaching the resting figure. Feeling his presence Xiao opened his eyes before turning to look at the now seated Venti.

"Yahoo~, got you a drink. Which one do you want, a can of cola or apple juice?" Xiao took the soda can making Venti sigh with relief. Though this just brought confusion to the other attempting to hand the soda back in which Venti declined.

"No no, I was just relieved. I thought you wanted something else or my apple juice." Xiao typed on his phone before showing it to the latter.

"I don't mind anything. There wasn't even a need to give me one anyway but thank you." It read.

"Ah okay." He looked around. "Do you not have food?" The other shook their head. "Then what are you going to eat?"

"I'll buy something on the vending machine."

"What! That won't do, here have some of mine." The younger shook his head declining the offer. "Don't be stubborn, besides I got an extra it's worth two people. I figured you wouldn't have much lunch. Didn't think you actually don't have one." He handed him one of the plastic bags. Xiao flushed, embarrassed.