Chapter 9

There are two things that one could speculate once they see a student who's mind is blank

There are two things that one could speculate once they see a student who's mind is blank. Had he been distracted by things such as the outside of the classroom window to which all he could see were the vibrant blues of the sky, some birds occasionally flying by and few nimbus clouds, that or; his own thoughts fogged his mind. Nevertheless, Venti was not able to pay attention to the discussions in his class. His chin on his palm, his face facing outside the window staring into space as he absentmindedly played with the pen on his hand, twisting and turning it in his fingers with ease.

Carmen had taken notice of this behavior and would constantly break his brother in this trance of his, currently they are in their last period in the morning. Mr. Alberich continues to discuss about certain parts of a computer, he had taken notice of the Dei's behavior for some time now and had tried to ignore it before finally calling the two out.

"Mr. Dei." The sudden call made the younger of the two flinch before looking up from his notes to meet the other's gaze. Kaeya gestured to Venti and Carmen averted his gaze from him to his other half whom was still inside his thoughts. He shook the older's shoulder a little too hard scarring the former in the process.

"Snap out of it." He whispered to the older before gesturing towards the front of the class.

"Venti." Still startled from the last action, the sudden call of his name made him scramble in his seat before standing up and looking at the older.

"Yes sir?"

"Where has your mind wondered off to this time?" Mr. Alberich sighs gesturing for Venti to sit back down to which the younger hesitantly obliged to. "Please pay attention to this discussion as it is part of your upcoming test." He says before resuming to the lesson, Venti sighed in his seat feeling self-conscious. The class continued on for a couple of minutes before the lunch bell rang.

"Dang, he called you out for real." Yae comments in her seat placing her face on her palm. Venti sighs.

"Guess he's just taking the right measures, especially since the exams are nearing.. Not even his own nephew could get away." Lumine says as she began to fix the top of her side of the table, Ganyu was just humming beside her, listening to their conversation.

"What even happened?" Aether asks raising a curious brow, looking behind themselves to face their best friend.

"Venti kept staring into space and Carmen kept snapping him out of it. I saw the whole thing!" Yoimiya states dragging the word 'whole' to emphasize it better.

"Just thinking." He says. Answering everyone's question.

"Thinking or daydreaming? Ooh~..! Is it about that date?" Yoimiya asks enthusiasm seen in her voice.

"Wow, you're thinking about that? Now I wonder who that person is, for you to keep thinking about them.. You really can't escape curiosity." The tip of Yae's lips curved upwards into a smile, it wasn't a friendly one. It was more mischievous than anything. She had always been the type to tease and feed off of her friends embarrassment.