Chapter 02

"Good Morning Angel, how is my Sifu today?"

Arnav hugged his 3-year-old Sifu. She is the best thing that ever happened to him. He remembered how happy he was when his ex-wife Lavanya told him that she is pregnant. He always wanted a baby girl.

Lavanya has taken his soul away when she crushed his heart into pieces. And NK was like his brother, his best friend ever. How could he do this to him? Whenever he got held up at work or had to go out for days, he trusted NK enough to ask him to keep an eye on his wife and daughter. But that snarky battered, he took his wife away. Arnav will never forgive those two for the betrayal.

His parents, sister, brother, and brother-in-law all keep telling him to let go of the past. But the past is the only thing that kept him running. Ever since their divorce, he only allowed Lavanya once a month for a visit and made sure he is not home when she arrives.

"Papa, Papa, Sifu hungry" The little girl dragged Arnav to the Kitchen bringing him back to the present.

"Sifu, you take a seat and papa will bring you your peanut butter jelly sandwich"

Sifu loved PB&J sandwiches more than anything. She never bothered to try anything else for breakfast. He was making her sandwich when he heard the doorbell.

"Papa, Sifu open the door" saying that she ran towards the front door.

Khushi came to the apartment building at 6.45. As Akash has asked, she pressed P on the lift that took her to the penthouse. Arnav was living in a luxury penthouse in the city. She liked the place. It was near her uni and in the middle of all the amenities. Probably cost a fortune though.

At first, she thought to wear suit pants or something western. But later end up going with a simple cotton suit. She never felt comfortable in western outfits. She always preferred Indian outfits.

Khushi waited outside the door until it was 6.59 and rang the bell. A few seconds later the prettiest girl Khushi has ever seen opened the door for her.

Sifu also looked at the pretty lady in pink. She looked like an angel from the book her papa read her last night and without taking a second she shouted,

"Papa, an angel come soon"

Arnav stopped what he was doing and walked towards the door thinking who can be this angel Sifu is talking about? He completely forgot he asked Khushi to come at 7.00.

"Good Morning Sir, I'm Khushi"

"Morning, what are you doing here? Don't you know it's rude to barge in this early in the day? I am not interested in buying anything so please leave"

Khushi was taken aback by this rude behavior. He asked her to come and meet him and now he is shouting for her to leave. He must be a billionaire, but she too has her self-respect. If she is to leave now, she won't leave without a fight.

"Look Mr. Aranv, I am not here to sell anything and I do know it's not a time to visit someone but you asked me to come at 7.00. I am not crazy to barge into a stranger's home like this"

The nerve of this girl thought Arnav. How can she talk to him like that?

"Shut up. Now that you are caught, you lying to save yourself"

"My name is Khushi Kumari Gupta. I am a friend of your brother. You asked me to come today for an interview for a Nanny job. Is this explanation enough for you or shall I spell it out for you Mr. Arnav?"

That's it. How dare she talk to him like that. He was about to throw her out when he remembered. He did ask Akash's friend to come today. The Phycology girl. He knew he made a mistake but he wasn't going to accept or say sorry.