Chapter 28

Anjali did not miss a thing. Something has changed. This is not the same Arnav and Khushi they left last night. This time even Shyam realized the changed behavior between Arnav and Khushi.

He looked at his wife looking for confirmation and Anjali's node confirmed his assumption.

"Chote, Khushi, don't worry, we will come up with something"

"Di, on what grounds she filed this case?"

"That's what's interesting here Chote because she claims that this house is not suitable for Sifu as she is no longer a toddler"

"What? How come?"

"According to them, Sifu needs both mother and father figures in her life as she is getting older. Don't get me wrong but I think that is a valid point Chote. It will be harder to argue against that"

"But Di, I am here, you guys are here, mom and dad, Akash, and now Khushi. So she has enough people around her"

"I understand Chote but she has a valid argument. A kid Sifu's age should have a mother figure. I am not telling you aren't capable to take care of her on your own. There are a number of people around the world who are single dads"

"Then Di, what's the issue here"

"Arnav, what Anjali is trying to say is that Sifu's mother is alive and is around. She is married, she has a family, and she can provide for Sifu so basically a logical argument"

"But Shyam, she was never there when Sifu was growing up. She is the one who left her"

"Arnav, She can argue that with her, Sifu will have a chance to experience both mother's love and father's love whereas, with you, it's going to be only father's love. As far as her infidelity is concerned, she has already paid price. The judge will look at her good behavior throughout these years"

"What crap Shyam, what love? Where was this love when she left SIfu for that basted? Where was this love when she cheated on both of us?"

"Arnav, look, we totally understand you. You are correct in every possible way but we have to look at it from the legal point of view. She actually made another point that makes her case strong"

"What point?"

"She claims that you are letting Khushi stay in this house and you two are setting a wrong example for a girl growing up"

"What the hell, what does that even mean?"

"You both are unmarried, staying in the same house while dating each other and Lavanya is not comfortable with Sifu growing up witnessing this"

"Are you kidding me Di?"

"Her words, not mine Chote. That's what I am trying to say. She is Sifu's mother, after all, so she has the equal right to decide what's good and bad for her. By the way, where does she get the idea of you two dating?"

"Well Di, what happened was....." 

Arnav explained the whole pretend situation they created when Lavanya was there last time.

"But Arnav Ji, neither of us disclosed the fact that I am Sifu's nanny. So how come she got to know that?"

"Oh yeah, Di, can you find out how Lavanya got to know that Khushi is Sifu's Nanny?"

"Ok Chote, but right now we need to come up with a better case with good arguments. Because to tell you the truth, at this point, she has the upper hand"

"Arnav, I don't know about Anjali, but from my perspective easiest and the most logical way to deal with this is for you to get married"

"Shyam, have you lost it? To get married? How can I get married out of nowhere?"