TWENTY.

"My body is a cage,
That keeps me from dancing with the one I love."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THIS IS PART ONE OF THE DOUBLE UPDATE!

TW: Brief talk of death (what happens after death) and brief talk about overdose (nothing happens, it's just a thought).

NADIA'S POV:

Well fuck. The one thing I never wanted to happen happened. The boy I've grown up with kissed me and now I've forgotten how to act. I'm driving home as fast as I can in a state I shouldn't be driving in at all, my body is in agony and my mind is at war with itself.

Why did he do that? And why did I kiss him the second time? I should've just pushed him off of me and been done with it.

Right now I'm angry, I don't know how else to feel. I can't be angry at him, I know there's always been something between us neither one of us have acted on. I'm angry at myself because I let it happen. I'm mad at myself because I'm vulnerable right now and continuously letting people walk over me. I'm not saying he is walking over me but I can't think straight at all with all I have going on so he shouldn't be kissing me and vice verca.

Between Corey and I things have always been weird. I had the biggest crush on him when we were kids, which everyone knew about, but it all changed when I met Jasper. He helped me forget about Corey and I did genuinely love him, or who I thought he was. Corey and I went from talking daily to only really talking when we wanted to piss each other off, it's like a flip switched between us when Jasper came along. I have missed being close with him all this time but it was nice to not have him in the back of my mind constantly when I was around Jasper.

Now that Jasper is out of the picture again I can't seem to let myself stay away from Corey. My body feels like Corey is in my nature, and he growing his roots around every fibre of my being.

I turn up the radio, wanting to replace the thoughts swirling around my head about Corey with a song. Thankfully, it's a song I hate so I can focus on how the lyrics sound like they were written by a toddler and aren't something I can relate to.

The music is making my head hurt even more and my hands are itching to cover my ears but I do everything in my power to stop them. I hate being in pain but I can't take the constant thoughts about Corey, I thought I was over this.

I hate even the thought that Jasper was just a distraction, but he couldn't have been. I loved him even when he didn't deserve my love. Was I just a distraction for him to take his mind off Maddy?

Jasper and I used to dream and talk about our future together, going into great detail about what we wanted. We promised each other that we would spend the rest of our lives falling more in love with each other, but now we are just two souls who were simply not meant to be. Two stars who simply crossed paths but couldn't be bound together in the same constellation.