SIXTY.

"I want your midnights,
But I'll be cleaning up bottles with you on new years day."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THIS IS PART TWO OF THE DOUBLE UPDATE!

NADIA'S POV:

I wake up to my alarm and I don't want to make an attempt to get out of bed but I know that I have to as my grandparents will be here soon. The house smells like cinnamon buns and my stomach growls at the thought of eating them.

I need to dress up for my grandparents so I opt for a black satin dress, that fits loosely enough it'll hide the amount of weight I've lost since becoming a prisoner.

           I'm sitting at my dressing table, with the lights around the mirror turned off to stop a migraine from returning, when my mother knocks on the door all dressed up herself.

"You look lovely," She smiles as she comes up behind me, helping me tie my hair back into a ribbon. "I thought you could wear these pearl earrings of your grandmothers, she would really appreciate seeing you in them."

I nod, staring at myself as she puts the earrings into my ears and I can't stop myself from thinking about how much I have changed. I know I'm pretty, It's all I've ever heard growing up but my once rosy cheeks and full face is now empty, with a sort of pasty colour to it.

I look like all my life has been sucked away from me and I feel exactly the same way too.

My mum checks over my hair and outfit
once more and picks up my makeup brush, dabbing it into my blush before applying it to my cheeks. I stay unmoving, letting her make me up to the daughter she wants me to be.

Even though I thought it would make me look more alive, when I look at my reflection, all I see is the pain and misery I have endured staring back at me.

My mum seems to notice that her attempts of making me look well aren't going according to plan so she steps back with a large sigh and pats down her dress so it looks picture perfect again.

I continue staring at myself without saying anything to her and she opens her mouth to speak to me but the doorbell rings, cutting her off from whatever she was about to say.

"Oh, that'll be them, put some nice shoes on and meet us all downstairs," My mum runs out the door and then calls back to me, "Also get your brother."

I give myself a once over in the mirror before leaving to head downstairs and on the way I bang on Willem's door, shouting at him to come downstairs.